6/6/2004 - MainLobby Server 1.3.5 Released

Discuss topics related to the plugins and uses for MLServer beta

6/6/2004 - MainLobby Server 1.3.5 Released

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:28 am

Sorry for the barage of MainLobby Server updates recently, but it's becoming very necessary to keep this stuff fresh and there were a couple of outstanding bugs that needed to be dealt with. I think, for the most part - I've now gotten them all. :)

Fixed: Recurring error in setVariable routine. Would continuously write error to error.log

This issue was causing the error.log file to swell and CPU usage to spike.

Fixed: MLServer.exe would stay running after Exit and spike CPU usage

When exiting MLServer via the Exit menu option, MLServer.exe would continue running as a process and spike CPU usage to in some cases 99%.

Added: Auto-Update feature for automatically downloading plug-in updates

Added a system for auto-updating MLServer plug-ins available from the MLServer Options menu. This system will automatically check your plug-ins against an online repository to verify you are running the latest version of the plug-ins (by time/date stamp). There are two options for auto-updating: Check for Updates and Auto Update:

Check for Updates should be used in most cases and will allow you to select which updates you would like to download and prompt you before downloading. The update check will occur when first launching MLServer before the plug-ins begin loading. Selected updates will be downloaded and automatically registered before continuing to load MLServer.

Auto Update should be used in cases where MLServer is deployed by an integrator that wishes for updates to happen automatically without any user intervention. This system will automatically download and install all plug-in updates every time MainLobby Server is launched.

Some minor things to keep in mind:

1) After first installing MLServer and the first time your start MLServer with the update system turned on, you will most likely have to update all of your plug-ins to synch them with the server. This is normal as the plug-in is checked by date/time - not by version number. Once you've done this, only new files will be included in your updates.

2) You may see a "flash" after each update is downloaded. This is the plug-in register window opening to confirm that the plug-in has been registered. We are using a brute force technique to close this window automatically; however, you may see a brief "flash" before the window is closed.

3) This feature will only update plug-ins you have installed on your system. You should still check for new plug-ins that you may wish to install in the MLServer Plug-ins area on occassion. Once new plug-ins are installed, they will be "enrolled" in Auto Update.

4) This feature is currently only implemented for MainLobby Server plug-ins and doesn't include MainLobby Server files or MainLobby client files.

The update can be downloaded from your Cinemar Online login area or http://www.cinemaronline.com/mlserver.html

Files changed in this release: MLServer.exe

worf83

Re: 6/6/2004 - MainLobby Server 1.3.5 Released

Postby worf83 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:46 pm

Dave,

I cannot believe I am reviving a thread from 5 years ago...

Anyway I have been using Mainlobby 2 for a while now but recently my computer crashed where I used to store all my Mainlobby files. When I log into my account, I can download Mainlobby, but I do not see MLServer listed. Is this still available for download or am I screwed?

TIA,

AL

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 6/6/2004 - MainLobby Server 1.3.5 Released

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:50 am

Version 1.3.5 is still available. You have a PM.

Return to “MLServer Questions & Answers”