Run MLServer as a service?

Discuss topics related to the plugins and uses for MLServer beta
edentel

Run MLServer as a service?

Postby edentel » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:07 am

Does anyone have any recommendations for best practices on increasing uptime? I've run other apps as services in the past but I haven't thought of trying it MLServer.

Has anyone done this? Experiences?

Thanks!
-Ed

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Run MLServer as a service?

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:42 am

Define your up time issue? We have systems in the field that have run years without being shut down or have any issues. For your best up time longevity you want to run MLServer on a dedicated PC free of human touch and free of unnecessary software.

edentel

Postby edentel » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:04 pm

This wasn't meant as a complain about the software. Your two points are spot-on. The server has been rebooted a few times unintentionally and crashed a couple times. In 9 out of 10 cases it's been me rebooting the server for something else and forgetting to run the MLServer that was the root of the problem.

I can't justify three separate servers to isolate each product. I also don't want to go down the path of virtualization. I was only curious if anyone else had set things up as a service.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:13 pm

MLServer in V4 cannot be run as a service because of all the forms for user interaction. That's a V5 thing.

Return to “MLServer Questions & Answers”