Basic MLServer Question

Discuss topics related to the plugins and uses for MLServer beta
hakha4

Basic MLServer Question

Postby hakha4 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:23 am

Hi!
Quite a newbie to MLServer so this question is kind of basic to you how have leaved the trial and terror state. I have succesfully managed to connect a microprocessor to MLGenericDevice thank's to help from Rick. I now build scenes(while going by train) and want to check that variables in scenes are uppdated without have to be connected to my serial device by sending 'SetVariable' in Send command. I've created a number of variables in MLGD (ex MLGenericDevice_poolsys_t3 etc) and tried a lot of different syntaxes derived from reading forum/wiki but none works. Question 1 : are MLServer aware of variables created in MLGD or are they created 'on fly' when connected? 2 : Should setting variable be launched from MLServCMD.SetVariable...... or MLServCMD.MLGenericDevice|SetVariable...
Any help would beappreciated
Regards Håkan

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Basic MLServer Question

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:05 am

as soon as MLGenericDevice creates the server variable it goes into the master pool of all server variables contained on the server. It is instantly aware of it. Also when a new server variable is created or modified its new value is broadcast to all connected Mainlobby clients.

From within MainLobby you should use the SetVariable|Variablename~VariableValue syntax. You never have to prefix any commands with MLServeCmd. It doesn't hurt if you do. It's just not nesessary. If you are setting server variables as a test in your scenes make sure you are omitting the {{ }} in the variable name. i.e. SetVariable|VarName~Value and not SetVariable|{{VarName}}~Value

hakha4

Re: Basic MLServer Question

Postby hakha4 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:56 pm

Thank's for reply,got it to work now :D

Return to “MLServer Questions & Answers”