GIF2SWF.exe issues

Discuss topics related to the plugins and uses for MLServer beta
DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

GIF2SWF.exe issues

Postby DaveB » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:22 pm

What is GIF2SWF.exe?; Where does it come from and why can I not get rid of it? I do not know what calls it, but my MLS machine does not like the program. It pegs the CPU at 100% and nearly crashes MLS. I stop it; I delete the EXE, but magically it returns.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Re: GIF2SWF.exe issues

Postby rileydog » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:20 pm

I think it is used by WeatherLobby to convert animated gif maps via the MLWorker agent - I don't know if it is used by anything else.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:28 pm

That may explain other issues I am having. I know that my machine and OS do not like that program.

I think you are correct. I killed and renamed it and my animated maps are all blank. Maybe I will kill the animated maps and just use my Radar.HTML version.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:37 pm

The exe is used to convert animated GIFs into SWF files so they can be used in MainLobby. The process is very CPU intensive. It gets installed with the WeatherLobby plugin. If you see this program running then it means that you have selected animated gifs weather maps. To make the program stop running deselect the animated maps.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:47 am

Dave; Previously, animated maps under the old version did not use this method. Is there a way to get back to that point?

If I have only one map implemented, the machine comes to a halt. The server is a very beefy dual processor with a tone of memory and video memory. the machine is only used for MLS. All Clients are independent. The server is a bit overpowered considering its task, yet this program nearly crashes it. The OS halts the program.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

Return to “MLServer Questions & Answers”