MLServer Crashing PC

Discuss topics related to the plugins and uses for MLServer beta
dubinvero

MLServer Crashing PC

Postby dubinvero » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:27 pm

I installed a new soundcard, the ASUS Xonar Essence, on my XP based HTPC. Now MLServer 3.75 crashes the PC when it attempts to load the MusicLobby 3.75 plug-in. I did not uninstall the previous soundcard which was built into the motherboard. The ASUS soundcard is shown as the default device in Windows Media Player.

MLServer worked perfectly until I added the new soundcard. Any feedback on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Derek

dubinvero

Re: MLServer Crashing PC

Postby dubinvero » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:08 am

I am providing additional information in case it helps in figuring out the reason for the crashes.

I deleted the Musiclobby plug-in and MLServer loaded with no problems. I was able to use my DVDLobby. I downloaded and installed a new MusicLobby plug-in. Same problem. PC crashes when MLServer tries to load the MusicLobby plug-in.

As always I would greatly appreciate any help in fixing this problem.

Derek

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:14 am

Something with your windows default sound card setting.

dubinvero

Postby dubinvero » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:57 pm

2nd update. I reinstalled MLServer, MusicLobby and DVDLobby. The only way I can get MLServer to run is to disable the ASUS soundcard. With MLServer running I disabled the motherboard based Realtek and enabled the ASUS. I cannot get MusicLobby to play through the ASUS soundcard. Windows Media Player does play through the ASUS.

I probably should ask the next question in the MusicLobby forum , but for continuity here it is. How do I change the source player from Realtek to ASUS in the MusicLobby plug-in.?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Derek

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:57 pm

you change those settings in Windows....the Windows default sound card.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:05 am

The sources tab in the MusicLobby window should display a list of all sound cards in the system. You would select a source then select the sound card and then select the channels in the sound card. You do this for each of the audio sources (zones).

dubinvero

Postby dubinvero » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:55 pm

Thanks to DavidL and CinemarDave for your feedback which helped me find the solution.

Although the Asus Xonar Essence soundcard is a new product there were already a number of driver updates. I downloaded the latest driver and MLServer loaded MusicLobby without a problem. I then went into the Windows device manager and disabled the Realtek soundcard and set the ASUS as the default card. When I rebooted, Musiclobby had selected the ASUS card. MusicLobby is now running perfectly.

Thanks again for your help.

Derek

Return to “MLServer Questions & Answers”