denness544 wrote:This is what I have noticed so far. When I play a movie on the client PC, no event log is displayed on the MLServer on the CLIENT pc but on the Server MLServer it displays
Command: MLFileOpen|E:\Moves\Spirited Away\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
Could you check two things for me?
(1) What version of TheaterTek are you using (1.5.56 or latest 1.5.60)?
(2) Check to see that your "IFO" files are associated with TheaterTek and not some other program, like "Nero Recode".
The reason I am asking, is that now that I have a Sony CX777CS 400 disc changer, I have switched from playing movies from my server HDD to watching them from the changer. Apart from the Sony's very stupid "autoplay" issue, I find it is a better, and certainly cheaper, solution.
Anyway, getting back to my two questions: I recently upgraded TheaterTek from 1.5.56 to 1.5.60, and also upgraded Nero to 6.3.
Before these two changes, I was able to play movies on my server's HDD to my client pc, as per the Guide installation instructions without the need for any redirection.
Since the software upgrades to Nero 6.3 and TheaterTek 1.5.60, Nero has changed my IFO file association from TheaterTek to Nero ShowTime and I no longer can play movies from my server's HDD to my bedroom client pc.
Although I have reassociated the IFO files to TheaterTek, this has not solved the problem. BOTH of us seem to be having the same problem.
My SERVER's MLserver event log is showing the same sequence of commands you have listed. The only thing I might add, that you have not, is that I am also showing one client connected (client pc in bedroom) to my server.
So my working hypothesis, at the moment, is that perhaps the TheaterTek update has modified the way in which TheaterTek handles playing IFO files. If true, it may require a modification to the "default play movie" macro command in the MLDVDLobby plugin. Since I'm not sure if I can downgrade TheaterTek 1.5.60 to 1.5.56 by simply reinstalling the 1.5.56 patch, I am anxious to know which version of TheaterTek you are using. If it's 1.5.56, then I am at a loss to explain my sudden inability to playback movies to my client.
Edit: Because I have shared drives G: and H: on my Server and mapped these same drive letters on my client -- from my client's "explorer", I can select a movie's "video_ts.ifo" file on the server and watch the movie playback on the client with no difficulty using TheaterTek 1.5.60. This suggests to me that something has changed between 1.5.56 and 1.5.60 in TheaterTek.
Since I have reassociated the IFO files back to TheaterTek, I don't think Nero ShowTime has anything to do with the problem at hand.
Perhaps we can get some feedback from Smoothtlk or Midi-Guy on this. I have attached a screenshot of MLserver for comparison.