[BUG] Bottom Left window synch problem and other issues

Report any bugs you may notice in either MusicLobby or MusicLobby Pocket PC
Jim HTPC

[BUG] Bottom Left window synch problem and other issues

Postby Jim HTPC » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:34 pm

Please see attachment for pictures of issues discovered.

To see what is happening do the following:

1) Open .mls scene for MusicLobby

2) Click options, then Library

3) Click Audio, then Artist Album

4) click on any artist (Barry White) to expose their album (the name of the artist (Barry White) is now on the bottom of the left window (this is good).

5) click the play button next to the album. The right window will now be populated and start playing the 1st track.

6) I clicked close to verify the cover art (this is good so far).

7) click on Options, select thumbs

8) Pick any covert art/album and the right window will ask to play the whole album or add it. Click Play whole.

9) Click close on left window and you'll see the proper cover art.

10) click library and it will now show Bug #1.. it shows Barry White instead of Diana Krall. It's not synchronized to what's playing.

Also ... by writing this down and going through the process I discovered another bug. Check out the picture of duplicate cover art for Barry White and Dada (number one and two) in my attachments. They are NOT the same in the MP3 files. I've attached a J.River screenshot showing the true cover art image.

There are 4 attachments:

snap000017.jpg = BAD. Barry White on left bottom, while right window shows Diana Krall track list (and playing).
snap000018.jpg = GOOD. Proper Cover Art on Left, Tracks on Right
snap000019.jpg = BAD. Barry White & Dada show same cover art
snap000020.jpg = GOOD. J.River showing the true cover art attached to the mp3.

Also I'm having issues of the progress slider sticking at the zero position. I adjust the IP address to point the MusicLobby.swf to the proper client. The documented loadINI does not work on any computer I try it on. I don't know if this has anything to do with it. If I move it the song will jump to that point and then start to work... what a pain. Sometimes it works right, other times it either stuck of flashing red/yellow REALLY FAST.

Exiting out of MainLobby version 3.0.30 and restarting will correct the cover art issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jim HTPC

Postby Jim HTPC » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:49 pm

Now I've got 3 albums showing the same covert art....

Also regarding the bottom left window .... I had an instance where James Taylor was selected no matter what artist I clicked on. It would always go back to James Taylor instead of Barry White, Diana Krall, David Bowie, etc..

I am trying to re-create that for documentation purposes. That is initially what made me do a double take.

I've attached another screenshot showing the multiple copies of cover art for 3 different albums.

This is on one computer running MLServer and MainLobby (this is my design PC). So there are no wireless issues with this setup.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:04 pm

reading this quick, do you have coverart also embedded in the music files? Remove the coverart and readd external of the musicfile.

Jim HTPC

Postby Jim HTPC » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:07 pm

Yes I have cover art embedded with the mp3 files.

I am not following you on the 2nd part of your post. Would you pleae clarify what you would like me to try.

Also please look at the pictures. This way you can see what I am seeing.

Thanks.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:14 pm

MusicLobby will not work with embedded images. They MUST be external of the music file. You can remove the images, and then change the J.River setting to store them externally and then regrab the coverart.

Jim HTPC

Postby Jim HTPC » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:11 am

Strang... it works perfect when I exit Main Lobby and re-enter. Why would it work fine upon initialization and not later?

*I'm not asking about embedded or not... I'm just talking about the thumbnail page.

Is there documentation detailing what you are asking me to do for J.River? I looked for a manual, and could not find one.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:14 am

www.cinemaronline.com/support.html
download the MusicLobby 3 user's guide and search for "embedded".
you will see there some direction on how to do the above.

Jim HTPC

Postby Jim HTPC » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:40 pm

Thank you... will get to it today

Jim HTPC

Postby Jim HTPC » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:29 pm

Well when I look at the image path for my mp3s from inside J.River... they show C:\Documents and Settings.... not "included in file"...

So maybe they are not embedded.

Now what?

Do you have special access to grab the files without the counter updating?

I think it prudent to at least take a look. Especially if it helps shed light on a possible problem.

Return to “MusicLobby Public Bug Reports”