Track Order

Report any bugs you may notice in either MusicLobby or MusicLobby Pocket PC
_K_C_

Track Order

Postby _K_C_ » Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:50 pm

MusicLobby (1.80) is playing tracks from "Various Artists" albums in the wrong order.

I think MusicLobby sorts by the "Artist" field, then by the "Track Number".

For single artist albums this is fine and it looks as though everything is normal. All the "Artist" fields are the same, so MusicLobby then sorts by "Track Number" and the list is correctly ordered.

But for Various Artist albums, where the "Artist" field varies, this leads to tracks being played in the wrong order.

KC

_K_C_

Postby _K_C_ » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:59 am

Dan, Mario

Can you confirm whether the MC bug referenced in this post at the Media Center forum is the problem that I mentioned in the post above?

i.e. it's an MC bug rather than a MusicLobby one. If so, sorry for the above post :)

KC

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:42 pm

I don't get it: I changed the names of tracks that were multi-artist so that they read "Various Artists / Artist Name" in the artist field and/or moved the artist name to the track name, depending on what mix the album was (ie, all Santana music but with other accompanying artists versus "old reggae from various artists" mixed albums and such). I thought that this would be considered a matter of how you name and what sort you build for your views. Is there something else at work here? Or is it just that the default names for tracks cause them not to be sorted the way you expect?

_K_C_

Postby _K_C_ » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:19 am

This is now fixed in MC 10.0.71 beta.

gregoryx: I'm not sure how / whether this is related to view schemes, but the new MC beta fixes the problem for me.

I think the problem was something like the following:

MC was sending the following by default:
Artist, Album, Track #, Track
Sorted first on Artist

So for a various artists album that had the individual artist in the [Artist] field, the sort order was alphabetical by [Artist].

That's now been changed to:
AlbumArtist(Auto), Album, Track #, Track
Sorted first on AlbumArtist(Auto)

So now for a various artists album that has something like "Various Artists" in the [AlbumArtist(Auto)] field then sorting on that will have no effect, and the [Track #] will take precedence.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:35 pm

oh... maybe a MC10 issue? I'm on MC9...

Return to “MusicLobby Public Bug Reports”