Music Lobby hanging MJ

Report any bugs you may notice in either MusicLobby or MusicLobby Pocket PC
pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Music Lobby hanging MJ

Postby pgale » Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:39 am

Another one I'm afraid :( - As there's no bug report section in the Music Lobby section I'm posting here.

Got latest Music Lobby and running Media Jukebox 8.0.399 with the latest Music Lobby plugin on my Server (W2K Server dual processor). I'm getting occasional lockups of MJ (CPU utilisation 50-60% for long periods - 10 mins+). When it locks up I have to end the MJ task. This happens when requesting album/artist lists etc or trying a search. I have 50,000 MP3's but no playlists setup.

Did see some other info relating to lockups but wasn't sure it's relevant to my config and versions?

Cheers,

Paul.

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:30 am

Further to this - it could just be the length of time it's taking to return a list of artists/albums etc to the client. I'll keep timing it and let you know.

a second try...

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:30 pm

Hi Mario,

I posted last night regarding a problem I'm having but it doesn't seem to have registered on the forum, so here goes again....

I installed the trial versions of MediaCenter, mainLobby & Musiclobby yesterday and I am experiencing a similar CPU utilisation issue as Paul reported.

I noticed in the release notes for MusicLobby 1.75, that there was supposed to be a fix for an issue which was causing 100% CPU utilisation.

Well...I still have this problem. If I use the Musiclobby server in the MC plugins my system grinds to a halt with MC reporting 100% CPU utilisation. If I turn off the server, no problems. This is independent of whether or not Musiclobby is running.

Any ideas? I have a medium-sized collection (around 500 ripped CDs), so I don't know if this somehow makes a difference.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Paul

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:33 pm

My problem was solved by an update from Dan. He was working on some new code to speed up large collection support - it was a HUGE improvement but I think he's still got more to do.

Don't know when it will make it into a new release - Dan????

Paul.

davevans
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby davevans » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:37 pm

Paul,

I had a similar promblem and just posted what I tracked down to be the cause. Not sure if we are experiencing the same thing but here goes.

Are you using any programs that create a Virtual Drive, such as Nero VirtualCD or InstantCD/DVD. It appears that Media Center has a problem with these. It was taking me 2 minutes to get the track info, and another 5 to start ripping. The only way I could get around this was to uninstall the above programs. I got this info from the Media Center forum. Hope this helps!

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:39 pm

Hi Dave, Paul

Thanks for your responses. As it happens I have InCD installed, so when I get home this evening, I'll try removing that and see if it helps any.

Paul

Removed InCD and it works fine

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:06 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks bud. That worked a charm.
It doesn't bother me to remove InCD, I never did use it anyway :)

Paul

davevans
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby davevans » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:04 pm

Glad I could help! I knew I couldn't be the only one with that problem.

Not so perfect after all

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:56 am

Hi again Dave,

Looks like things aren't so rosie after all. If I uninstall InCD then XP doesn't recognise my CD drive at all. Not much good if I want to rip more CDs :(

I'll have a look over in the media center forum, but do you have any ideas?

Paul

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:59 am

That'll be "rosy", poor rosie didn't do anything wrong

davevans
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby davevans » Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:46 pm

I never realized til you said something, but it did the same thing on my machine. I imagine if you go to your device manager you should see that your CD drive probably has error code 19. The uninstall of those programs seems to whack the registry... How nice. Anyway, this is how I fixed it. Manually edit the registry and remove the UpperFilter and LowerFilter values in the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318

Reboot and you should be good to go.

Dave

dhanford

Postby dhanford » Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:10 pm

I am having the sam eproblem with the plug-in locking up MJ. I have about 10k of mp3's and this is realy frustrating. I can acess the items via location without a problem, but album artists doesn't work at all. Occasionaly if I wait long enough... something will come up, but it is unuseable.

Please tell me there is a fix. I have bought both MusicLobby and the pocket PC version. I plan to use this on tablets around my house, but if it is this unstable I will have to go back to the other solutions I was using.

Please help!

Additional Info:
MJ running on 3Ghz Pentium with 1GB of Ram
MusicLobby running on 2.4ghz machine over 100MB wired LAN

Return to “MusicLobby Public Bug Reports”