BUG: Album art isn't changing

Report any bugs you may notice in either MusicLobby or MusicLobby Pocket PC
ccarpenter1

When will this get fixed?

Postby ccarpenter1 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:33 am

I too am having the exact same problem with the coverart. Did anyone find a solution?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:45 am

There hasn't been (to our knowledge) a "problem" in the software. The "problem" has consistently been incorrectly managed coverart locally. There are several recent threads on this and the means to diagnose the problem locally.

First and foremost, make sure you are on the most current versions of software. MusicLobbyServer was just updated a couple of days ago.

Here are some tips to make sure your system is setup correctly. There is a passage that speaks to coverart issues:

http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/wiki ... MusicLobby

Down the road, Cinemar is envisioning that we would have software that helps to automate cleaning up user's music database and coverart repository and links. This will be similar to what we are currently doing with DVDLobby375 and MLDMR. MLDMR becomes useful not just for movies, but also for music in metadata / coverart source, that we can use locally to fix these types of issues for the end user.

For now, it is either an excrutiating manual process (I know, I have ~50K titles that a good portion is a mess too) or there are tools available to help automate some of this today. I don't have ready recollection of those tools names or links. Maybe some of our users can post what they have used and how to use them for MusicLobby3.

Personally, I just can't wait for Cinemar to finish development of this. We do treat it as a very high priority and are systematically developing it.

ccarpenter1

OCX Registration Problem

Postby ccarpenter1 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:33 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I may be doing something retarded here, so let me explain my setup. I think I have two separate issues.

My primary server is running Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit with MLServer, MusicLobby, Media Center, and the MusicLobby PLugin and Media Center plugin. This machine has two sound cards. It is also the Media Center library master.

My secondary computer is running Windows Server 2003 64bit and also has two sound cards. It is only running Media Center with the MusicLobby Server plugin and it reports to the primary Media Center server for the files to play (via MediaCenter). I also noticed that I am only seeing the primary server registered in the mainlobby server. When I run the setup on the secondary server for the MusicLobby plugin, it instals fine with no error, but when I launch Media Center and select MusicLobby in the plugins, I get an error as follows:

Interface plug-in 'MusicLobby Server' could not be found or created.

I noticed that in the registry the path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\J. River\Media Center 12\Plugins\Interface\MusicLobby Server

was pointing incorrectly to
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Plugins\MusicLobbyServer.ocx

I changed it to C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 12\Plugins\MusicLobbyServer.ocx

Could the installer be having trouble installing to a 64bit directory structure?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:24 pm

If you are using less than the very current installer, then you will get exactly the issue you are seeing.

There are other errors in your system that can also cause this. The other night I logged into a user's system to find a key windows system file was set to Read Only. This caused the same message you are seeing. Basically, the operating system had a problem that was exposing itself via MusicLobby.

The way I was able to see this, is I installed latest MLServer3 on same PC and the installer failed (too) on that particular file. I was then able to change that files settings back to normal, and all worked.

ccarpenter1

MusicLobby JRiver PLugin Version

Postby ccarpenter1 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:13 pm

I checked the version of the file MusicLobby3_JRiver12_Plugin.exe and it is 3.0.31.0

Is this the correct version?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:58 pm

Still download the latest, shutdown MediaCenter and run the installer and restart. There were some dependency file and installer changes that didn't affect the .ocx version so the installer version did not change.

ccarpenter1

Postby ccarpenter1 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:38 pm

Ok,

There definitely is some problem in the installer. Here is what I did to get it to work. I redownloaded the installer just like you said. I installed MLServer after looking in some other threads and sawthat might be a solution. After all of that no joy. Went back to the registry and noticed that the installer is still unaware of the folder structure for a 64 bit system. So, I changed the path in the registry to reflect the C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 12\Plugins folder structure. Relaunched Media Center and voila, it worked. So, it was really two things in my opinion that solved the problem. Downloading the latest installer for the MusicLobbyServer plugin and changing the path in the registry.

interruptvector

hmm..

Postby interruptvector » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:27 pm

I've ensured all the latest versions (as of today) have been installed but the same problem still exists. All the cover art and file links in mediacenter appears properly (i.e. no embedded, etc.).

Strange!

ccarpenter1

CoverArt still a problem

Postby ccarpenter1 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:51 pm

Now that I have that problem solved, I still have one more problem. It seems as if my coverart is always displying the first image in my folder structure no matter what. Being new to all of this stuff, I started looking at the variables on the mainlobby server and noticed that some of them seem to have bad values in them for referencing the sound cards that I have installed in my machine. In the Media Center, I decided to change the names in Zone Manger for the three zones that I have. I noticed that the original zone names as well as the new zone names appear in the Commands.mdb file in the table tblvariables. What do I need to do to get this database straight.

Also, since I have a SoundBlaster X-Fi, it is possible to create three zones on with this card (ie the front speaker connection would go to one amp, the center speaker to another amp, and the rear speakers to another amp

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Funboy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:03 pm

Smooth,

I've been having this problem for quite some time. I have all of the latest software installed.

The server side variables are correctly populated. And if I create a image on the client side and link it to the server side variable, the image comes up properly. It just doesn't show up in the MainLobby SWF.

So based on this, the MLServer is correctly getting the image location from MediaCenter. And that location is being loaded into variables. However that info is not being passed to the SWF.

Please help..I've been living without cover art for quite a while.
- Funboy

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby indecision » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:23 pm

I must add myself to the list of people with cover art problems. I installed all the latest upgrades tonigt and now the cover art is not working properly. My mlserver links are correct and my cover art reference variables work perfectly.

interruptvector

same...

Postby interruptvector » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:32 am

The problem I have described above is the same as indecision and Funboy. Everything looks correct from looking at the variables in MLServer, but doesn't display correctly in the SWF.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby indecision » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:47 am

I tried hard to trouble shoot this last night. I looked at my coveart settings in J River and there is a setting to also save a copy of the file to a specified directery. This was selected and the file that it was pointing to was C:\Documents and Settings\(windows login)\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Cover Art\. I went into this file and found that there are about 10 images which are the same 10 that are displaying correctly in MusicLobby. It is as if the SWF is looking to this file instead of whereever it looked previously.

I do use the folder.jpg method of storage in each album folder (which used to be widely accepted around here) and have never had a problem until the upgrades last night. I have used this method for about 2 years. I realize that I might have to make a change to the way I store cover art, and I have no problem with that. I just hope that I don't have to change them one by one.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:27 pm

Everyone,

I've upgraded MLServer and MLMusicLobby to use the latest and greatest. I'm still working perfectly fine after performing the upgrade but it's only been running for about 5 minutes. I also cleared out my plugins directory of all 150* 202* and 402* files.

Because of how the plugin creates the images/thumbnails you cannot have album art with the same file name (ie; cover_art.jpg). That took me a little while to figure and I changed the cover art to be the album name. Guess what, if you have a couple "Greatest Hits" titled albums I would get the first cached copy from the plugins directory regardless which resulted in the same cover for about 1/2 dozen Greatest Hits albums. So, I finally create my album cover art based on "Artist - Album.jpg" and everything has been working perfectly fine.

So to sum everything up..... latest software... cover art in individual files, with unique names across all albums...

I'll add one additional item, I do encounter times here/there when the image does not properly update (wrong cover art) but it clears up mysteriously later.

Hope this was of some help....

- Jeff
Last edited by jeffdoo on Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:42 pm

I have looked in the code and the software tries to retrieve the cover art using information that is stored in the JRiver database. If there is no information for the cover art in the JRiver database then nothing will be shown. So my assumption is that when you use the folder.jpg method for cover art that info is not getting into JRiver. I have to make some changes to my JRiver install so that I use the folder.jpg method and then I will be able to modify the MusicLobby.ocx file to compensate accordingly.

Return to “MusicLobby Public Bug Reports”