BUG: Album art isn't changing

Report any bugs you may notice in either MusicLobby or MusicLobby Pocket PC
jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

BUG: Album art isn't changing

Postby jeffdoo » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:03 pm

I'm re-ripping my entire CD library once again which is going to take months. I store the CDs in "flac" format and keep the image inside the file. Now I know MusicLobby cannot handle this so here is what I do:

1) Copy the music library from the server to the MusicLobby machine
2) Use Tag&Rename to pull the images out and create a folder.jpg in each folder.
3) Start MJ12 and add the directory to the library.
4) Select my whole library and remove the cover art from the flac files
5) Select my whole library and add the cover art from the directory (ie; folder.jpg)

So, everything seems perfectly fine. As I change songs I can see the variable changing on the server and the MainLobby client (summary screen I created) but the actual graphic never changes. Yes, I have reload clicked. But, MusicLobby is showing the same behavior! Whatever the first image the local copy of Main/MusicLobby loads it never changes from that point forward.

So is there a problem because all of my cover art is stored in the (Artist\Album\folder.jpg) format?!?!

Thanks

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:01 am

Yes, the problem is most likely because all of your graphics share the same file name. IE on the client is caching the file and it is always using the cached version.

I just discovered a similar problem with WeatherLobby maps. The solution was to add a unique identifier to the end of the filename to trick IE into thinking the file is unique.

This will require an update to the MusicLobby ocx file.

As an experiment you could drop a new image on your scene and append the following: ?{{currentdaysecs}} so you'll have

{{musiclobby_image_variable}}?{{currentdaysecs}}

Does this image update?

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:46 pm

Dave,

Okay, so in MainLobby I changed the existing "Image" to use the following:

{{mlmediacenter_rivendell_zone 1_curimage}}?{{currentdaysecs}}|width=150|height=150

and the "Reload" button is checked. As soon as I save the change the image changes to "Image Not Found". So I'm still broken....

I also attempted to set a variable on the server using a condition event but that's not working either. When the *curimage value changed I attempted to "setVariable" a new variable *curimage_unique, appending ?{{currentdaysecs}} but it's never triggered. I use a similar technique for my HomeSeer thermostats to pull the temperature from the HS string.

I'm new to the Cinemar software but I'm an IT person by day.

Also, hopefully that's just a test because I'd hate to be pulling the image every second in "real life."

Thanks

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:24 pm

That's ok. It was just an experiment. I am modifying the MusicLobby ocx to compensate for this issue. There will be an update after the new ocx gets tested in house.

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:53 pm

Dave,

FYI: Okay I'm concerned about conditionals .... I installed the new 3*320 version this evening which required a restart of the ML Server. After performing the restart the "Conditional on value change" started working! I thought I noticed this for my thermostats as well... Is that working as designed?!?!

Regardless, the URL for *curimage now contains the "?xxxxx" value at the end and it's also unable to display the album art. I know you said your making an update but just thought I'd followup.

Thanks!

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:10 pm

Dave,

Okay... I kept banging away at this and ended up writing a batch program that I use in conjuction with with MC12 & FLAC.

I store my music in the format "\artist\album\arist-album-song.flac" so the batch file runs through the directories, making sure there exists a jpg, if not it pulls it from the FLAC Files and names it using the "album name.jpg". Once that's done I hop into MC12, add the directories, remove the cover art (without deleting), and then add the cover at back in using "Quick Find".

So I have a solution, but I'd prefer if the MuL would/could pull the images from the FLAC files instead.

I'm attaching the batch file just in case anyone is interested. Although I'm an I/T person I don't do Windows/Batch files so anyone else will need to clean it up to match their respective configuration.

Thanks

- Jeff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

California

Postby California » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:40 am

I just added about 2,500 songs of around 6,000 but I am also having a problem with the cover art.

The cover art is showing up correctly in the jrivermedia12 but not in the musiclobby, I am getting a lot of repeats and random stuff. I checked the graphic names and they are all different. The ones I added manually from the internet appear to work fine in both. Some of these songs I ripped from disks and some I downloaded from internet music services such as ITunes.

I am keeping my graphics in one folder and not using an image folder inside of each album folder (after reading for hours about this on the jriver site). My second import batch did not contain sub folders, all songs were in one folder and the cover art shows fine in jriver but still not in musiclobby.

All the ones I selected to get cover art from internet by hand work fine but those imported automatically do not show correctly in musiclobby.

Any ideas? I would hate to have to re-do each one of the tags and images by hand, it takes forever and the server bogs down to a crawl when adding images by hand.
System: MainLobby 3, ML Server 3, DVDLobby, WeatherLobby, MusicLobby, 2 Sony 777es, Samsung UMPC, RCA 5.1 ch sound, HomeSeer 2, ZWave, HD LCD TV-Monitor, Component switcher, Custom quad AMD processor PC with Radeon EAH3850 dual monitor/HDTV graphics card.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:41 am

from time to time i get glitchy coverart as well, but its errors are NOT consistant. sometimes it shows wrong art then when i play it another time it shows correctly. for the most part is just works.

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

cover art not changing

Postby Funboy » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:09 pm

Looks like the topic of this bug thread is morphing...so getting it back on track...

Any progress in fixing MusicLobby so that the correct cover art is displayed (ie. fixing the caching issue)?
- Funboy

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: cover art not changing

Postby kevind » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:10 am

Interesting you should mention this. I've had long chats with Dave about this issue and from what I can tell it is gone. I used to have all cover art stored in a central folder as this "used" to be required for MusicLobby to get coverart correct.. This however has it's drawback because in some circumstances I also want to use MCE and access the shared music library. MCE requires the cover art in the folder as "Folder.jpg"

So I experimented with 1 album and converted the coverart from a dedicated folder to folder.jpg. Then another and another. The MLServer variable path in each instance shows the full path to the cover art. In Media Center I changed the default cover art location to "Folder.jpg".

Now all cover art is stored as Folder.jpg and no issues. All cover art is showing up correctly in MusicLobby. Look at your server variables and see if they have the full path in them...mine do

Running latest MLServer, MusicLobby and MC

Funboy wrote:Looks like the topic of this bug thread is morphing...so getting it back on track...

Any progress in fixing MusicLobby so that the correct cover art is displayed (ie. fixing the caching issue)?

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

cover art not changing

Postby Funboy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Okay, it's still not working for me. Here are the versions I have running:

MainLobby Client Interface: 3.00.1
MLServer: 3.0.361
MLMediaCenter: 3.0.2
JRiver MusicLobby Server OCX: 3.0.0.23

I have confirmed that the variable ...._curimage is correct. I can load it into a browser and it correctly shows the image. However MusicLobby is not showing the correct image.

The very first song I play after starting up MLServer is the one image that I see.

How do I know if the correct JRiver plugin is loaded? Do I need to unregister and re-register a DLL?
- Funboy

deanb2

Postby deanb2 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:09 pm

I've had this happening too, but only in the MuL screen.
I have a Lyrics page that uses the ...curimage url and it displays correctly.

It used to work fine on the MusicLobby screen, so something in the last update or two must have changed it.

I'm on the latest versions of everything.

Dean

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

cover art not changing

Postby Funboy » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:46 am

On my MusicLobby scene I created a JPLoader with the following value for the image:
{{mlmediacenter_myMLserver_{{mlmediacenter_mulclient_{{CLIENTNAME}}_selzone}}_curimage}}

And I get the correct image and it changes correctly. The problem is within the MusicLobby SWF.

For now I temporarily put this over top of the MusicLobby cover area. However the problem with this is that all of your covers need to be the same size or the image gets resized.

Guys, any idea when this one will get fixed? Seems like a small one given that most of the server side stuff is working and the MusicLobby.swf seems to be the problem.
- Funboy

interruptvector

same...

Postby interruptvector » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:13 pm

I'm seeing the exact same issue with all of the latest versions installed (MC12, jriver plug, mlserver plug, mlclient UI).

The variables with cover art etc. show up properly in mlserver -- but do not refresh properly in the UI...

SWF problem??

Wes

interruptvector

Postby interruptvector » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:19 pm

and just as a reference point -- before I updated to all the latest versions -- everything was working just fine...

Return to “MusicLobby Public Bug Reports”