Upgrade Airpanel to WPA2

Found a great input or display device you'd like to share with the forum...post it here.
kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Upgrade Airpanel to WPA2

Postby kingdaddy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:29 am

I am still using an old V150 Airpanel for all my automation and would like an easy plug and play upgrade if one exists. I have tried to use Splashtop with my Nexus 10 but that is a very poor solution. I need a dedicated touchscreen that can connect via RDP to my old XP machine with WPA2.

The problem started with an upgrade of my Verizon router that only supports WPA2 connections and my Airpanel will only do WEP. If there is a workaround I will limp along on an unsecure network until there is a better solution.

What I have now I like so I don’t want to sacrifice any convenience, both my Airpanel and XP machine are on consecutive RDP sessions with the hack and it allows me to have Main lobby open and available in 2 areas of my home.

Can I have 2 routers, one with WEP and the other with WPA2?

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Re: Upgrade Airpanel to WPA2

Postby Krumpy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:53 am

Sure you can. You just need to design your network that way. There are many options which is what will make this a little confusing if you're not familiar with this sort of thing. Some routers may even allow you to have two networks.

To really help we will need a diagram of your network.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Re: Upgrade Airpanel to WPA2

Postby kingdaddy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:03 am

Well, I have a simple cable (Verizon FIOS) internet going to a wireless router, thats about it. I now have 2 computers 1 with all my Cinemar programs that is still hardwired to the internet via wired router but that can change as I dont think i need internet connection for my Cinemar stuff as I only do Music and DVD's. the other computer will be connected to the internet (wired) via supplied Verizon modem. Can I just use a wireless access point to my cinemar (XP) computer?

Return to “Touch Screens, Tablet PCs, Pocket PCs, Smart Displays & other Display Devices”