iPad - When can we have an App?

Found a great input or display device you'd like to share with the forum...post it here.
mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: iPad - When can we have an App?

Postby mcascio » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:28 am

I just wish some of these tablet designers would follow the trend of the iPad with a 4x3 display. It just seems more natural for the lap. I see the reason why they do it, customers see a wide screen and think hiDef meaning a higher perceived value.

The HP Slate does look like a great MainLobby client though. I've seen a couple others popping up too that are eye catching.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:12 am

mcascio wrote:I've seen a couple others popping up too that are eye catching.

Yes, especially the Android based ones like the Notion Adam Ink, the Streak from Dell or the Archos 8 Internet Tablet series...
MLComDevice: Control serial/TCP device (ASCII/hex) - MLSchedule: Alternative to MLScheduler
MLBeyondTV and MLSageTV: PVR support - TChanger: Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 disc Bluray changer
TRadio: Sirius/HD/XM radio - TChart: Chart from variable Wiki

srgny
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby srgny » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:09 am

OK, So I got an iPad. I was hoping to use it as a thin client via RDP into my ML server (as I did with the Airpanel). I have purchased three RDP apps and gotten one for free. None of them work as expected. Has anyone succeeded in getting a stable RDP connection that runs ML on an iPad? If so which RDP app?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:59 am

Why don't you just download and install our new iPad web app and eliminate the need to RDP?

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:01 pm

JUMP works fine. I use it all the time. But as Dave said, also try his new interface.

srgny
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby srgny » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 am

The specific iPad web app interface is very impressive. However, it doesn't work very well with my system. I have less than no idea how to change the supplied screens to work with my specific hardware setup. The biggest advantage of the MainLobby suite is the fact that the average home user can configure the software to his or her specifications without the need to involve the cost and hassle of a third party. The iPad system as provided eliminates this advantage, at least for me. Hence the need for RDP.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:02 pm

I hear you but Cinemar did do a good job with the web screens.

srgny
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby srgny » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:50 pm

I agree completely. It seems very nice in a "one size fits all" kind of way. That doesn't really work for me, unfortunately. Does JUMP work over WiFi reliably?

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:41 am

I have used JUMP several times and am pretty happy as you can turn off all of the extra cursor things that some of these apps have. So you end up with just the ML screen. It's nice.

Return to “Touch Screens, Tablet PCs, Pocket PCs, Smart Displays & other Display Devices”