Archos 9 PC Tablet. The ultimate Mainlobby device....?

Found a great input or display device you'd like to share with the it here.

Archos 9 PC Tablet. The ultimate Mainlobby device....?

Postby keyvan » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Not sure if anyone has seen this or if its been mentioned on this forum; but this looks to be a near perfect MainLobby controller: ... gb&lang=en

Spec: ... gb&lang=en

Looks great, and they will be shipping in the UK 1st week of november for around £400 (aprox. $600)

P.S. They also do a smaller (5" screen) internet tablet running Android OS - not sure if Dave & Mario would be that keen to produce a Mainlobby client for Android yet :) ... gb&lang=en

Re: Archos 9 PC Tablet. The ultimate Mainlobby device....?

Postby mnkynifefite » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:49 am

Me likey. For the price it's not a bad possibility. Love the form factor but the chipset might be a bit anemic (not the CPU). It's too early to tell, but I think the main issue with them might be it's graphics chipset not as "tuned" to run ML (Flash). The ultimate would be Archos 9 with Via's New VX855 Chipset, or perhaps even Nvidia's ION chipset. My other concern is that without some sort of easy in/out docking station keeping that bugger charged will be a pain in the butt. Let's hope they provide a decent docking accessory for it.

Return to “Touch Screens, Tablet PCs, Pocket PCs, Smart Displays & other Display Devices”