New touchscreen PC

Found a great input or display device you'd like to share with the forum...post it here.
caustin

New touchscreen PC

Postby caustin » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:32 am

Was looking at recent options for Touchscreens and/or PCs with touchscreens. I have a MSI Wind netbook and really like it.
MSI has this touchscreen PC
http://www.msicomputer.com/msiaio/.
Would be interested in anyones experience with this product as a Mainlobby client. Anyone wall mounting these? If so, any tips on how.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:21 pm

The Intel Atom processors in these touch screens will run MainLobby without any issues. I'd always opt for the dual-core Atom 330 chip over the single code 230. And 2GB of memory should be the minimum. However these screens do not have any Vesa mounting options so getting them to hang off a wall may be challenging.

killervette

Re: New touchscreen PC

Postby killervette » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:00 am

i have a eee pc et1602 Top All in one. It is very similar to the MSI. It has a single core processor and i upped the ram to 2g. so far its great, i would like a dual core, but the single is fine.

RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: New touchscreen PC

Postby RZajcew » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:13 pm

I spent some time at CES this year looking at the various All-In-Ones.

All of the current (and soon-to-be-released) MSI All-In-Ones do have a Vesa mount.

The current (and soon-to-be-released) Asus All-In-One models are not wall-mountable (at least not without a great deal of difficulty).

Shuttle All-In-Ones also have a Vesa mount.

For current HP All-In-Ones, you can buy an adapter (from HP) that allows the screen to be attached to a Vesa mount.

- Roman

Return to “Touch Screens, Tablet PCs, Pocket PCs, Smart Displays & other Display Devices”