V150 will not connect to computer

Found a great input or display device you'd like to share with the forum...post it here.
burg650

V150 will not connect to computer

Postby burg650 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:59 pm

I am trying to run my airpanel on a new computer all seem to install fine but when I try to connect to computer v150 tells me smart display cannot connect to you computer. I ran microsoft smart display and all was fine till I get message saying network connectivity failed and it is telling to congif it manualy but that is where I got stuck as I try all I knew and it no luck, any expect out there who can help.

Thanks
Roger
burg650@verizon.net
Thanks
Roger C

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:33 pm

See my PM....
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

burg650

Postby burg650 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:12 pm

Well after weeks and weeks I have finally got my airpanel to work, well sort of. Now while the airpanel is connecting to the computer the computer re-boots itself, and I have no idea why it is doing this anyone has any ideas on this.
Thanks

Roger C

burg650

Re: V150 will not connect to computer

Postby burg650 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:34 pm

Well I was not going to give up on getting my Viewsonic Airpanel running so now after so many long day and night in front of the computer I got it running. But there is still one little problem, I deceived to go ahead and do the SP3 update which install windows firewall and now the air panel will not connect while the firewall is turned on if I turn it off no problem it works just fine. I see in the firewall setting there are many options but not sure how to keep the firewall on and give access to the air panel, anyone know how.
Thanks

Roger C

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:48 pm

You'll probably need to open up a specific port or allow a program access through the firewall that runs on that computer.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

burg650

Postby burg650 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:41 am

mcascio wrote:You'll probably need to open up a specific port or allow a program access through the firewall that runs on that computer.

How do I do either of them.
Thanks

Roger C

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:37 pm

I'm not sure what port the Viewsonic uses so you'd have to look that up somewhere. I'm guessing there's a Viewsonic program running on the desktop that you could allow through as well. I don't know the name of that app either.

Once you figure that out, just do a quick google search for, "allowing programs through a firewall" and I imagine you'll come up with a lot of results or even search the Windows Help.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

http://www.cinemaronline.com

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:49 pm

The viewsonic is just a remote desktop device. It utilizes the standard remote desktop port. There is no application on the host computer. If you are running anything less than terminal server, then you can only connect one remote unit, and the local display will not work. There are some work arounds if the host is running XP. There are also some third party applications out there that will allow more than one connection at a time.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Return to “Touch Screens, Tablet PCs, Pocket PCs, Smart Displays & other Display Devices”