can i use an airpanel as my main monitor thru usb??

Found a great input or display device you'd like to share with the forum...post it here.
donburkard
Expert
Expert

can i use an airpanel as my main monitor thru usb??

Postby donburkard » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Ok so i just put a computer together to stuff under the be in the master bedroom. Id like to hook up my two airpanels to it(1 for each night stand) for use with mainlobby, mainly for the alarmclock, weather, and to control the tv eventually.

Can i use a usb cable? If not how do i do this?

Thanks
Hooked on HighDef

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:10 pm

I believe the Airpanel dock has a standard VGA cable connection just like any other monitor would. So NO on the USB connection for passing the video signal.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Thanks Mario,

but i meant to transfer the info from the touch interface. I know id still need the vga for the video feed.
Hooked on HighDef

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:37 pm

The airpanel doesn't physically store anything on it, it just acts like a monitor in this case.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:47 pm

Also, if you use it as a monitor through the dock, I believe you have to cover some of the pins on the docking station to allow the touchscreen to still function...otherwise you'd have to use your mouse. A couple searches on google would probably help you find out which pins.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:05 pm

that answers that. Thanks.
Hooked on HighDef

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:10 pm

I am missing something here....Most Airpanels I know (like the V150) are Wifi to the PC. They essentially run RDP software to view what is really running on the central PC (the one running MainLobby Client).

Yes you can connect two Airpanels to one PC.

No need for USB.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:41 pm

Or 4 to one PC as in my case. Each one connects to a separate process and each one starts main lobby with a separate ini file and data directory.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:42 pm

yea but my connection sucks. I got sick of messing with it. I tried to get a decent connection for three months so i finally just built a new pc, loaded ml on it and stuffed it under my bed. I figure i can just use my two airpanels (1 v100 and 1 v250) as monitors on that pc. i can get a decent signal on the computer so i can connect to the server easily with the computer. I have just been having a difficult time connecting them though. im about sick of these airpanels. If i cant get them to connect and work well im going to order one of those mimo screens from the gadgeteers.com. Im frustrated!!!
Hooked on HighDef

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:46 pm

Hey - if you really hate the 250, I will take it, if you decide to sell it. Mine have been running for 4 years with no issue at all. A bit slow for some of the more advanced stuff, but still acceptable. The screen I use the most is in the common area and it is hard wired. all others in the bedrooms are 150's that I converted to wall mounts.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

burg650

Postby burg650 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Can one of you experts help with my v150, see post below http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/foru ... hp?t=14414

Thanks

Return to “Touch Screens, Tablet PCs, Pocket PCs, Smart Displays & other Display Devices”