New In-wall Touchscreen from Vidabox

Found a great input or display device you'd like to share with the forum...post it here.
egamez

New In-wall Touchscreen from Vidabox

Postby egamez » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi Folks

For those of you familiar with Vidabox they have just released in CES a SVGA 8.4" Touchcreen XPe based in addition to the existing one 12". Based on the features I would bet it should work with ML. So far Vidabox and TouchTronix are the in my opinion one of the top best choices for in wall application. Visit www.vidabox.com

Additionally they released a New Touch3.6 in-wall touchpad, 2 GANG and 1 UTP/PoE Cable which display is rendered by a V.Automation/CQC server so I am wondering if Cinemar could not talk to them and figure out how we can leverage all of the Vidabox Touchclient devices ( including this 3.6" pad) for Mainlobby interfase and hopefully make up a OEM agreement to resell their UI with ML pre-installed

What Do you think about Vidabox Touchclient devices and what Cinemar think as well?

Thanks in advance

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Have them send us some test units...we'd be happy to see what is possible.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

mnkynifefite
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mnkynifefite » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:37 pm

Perhaps it's just my DIY nature, but I fail to see the value in these types of wall units. The components are always subpar (CPU, chipset, power consumption, etc), they are not easily upgradeable, and usually run XPe (or worse). I can, and have, built far better in-wall units (8", 10", and 15") for a fraction of the cost based on the Atom chipset. My most recent 15" (dual CPU 1.6Ghz, 2GB RAM, PicoPSU power) including ELO Touchscreen, passive cooling system, materials for framing and mounting, etc only cost me just over $400. VidaBox (with far lesser specs) wants $2600 for a 12"!? I suppose if the specs were identical and the cost was maybe 30%-40% more than what it would cost me to do it I might consider a "pre-assembled" unit for the convenience factor...but otherwise I just don't "get" it.

My advice egamez, do it yourself. Not only will you get far more "bang for your bolívares fuertes", but you will also end up with a better product and the satisfaction that comes with doing it yourself.

windrockwater

Postby windrockwater » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:00 pm

mnkynifefite

Could you post some photos of what you have constructed? I have a 15" ELO that is sitting on my desk for configuring and am trying to decide if it is worth wall mounting. I would love to see what you have concocted..

egamez

Postby egamez » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi mnkynifefite

Thanks you so much for your valuable input. Would you mind to share with us the whole process you have followed to built up your own. I am a DIY but not verse on these things considering the assembling, the case to mount all the components, motherboard selection, LCD interfase and so for. I am wondering so many things such as for example what 8" and 10" touchscreen devices you are using since you find in the market normally bigger than 10", how do you interfase then with the motherboard, Operating System??, how did you built up the passive cooling and finally the whole In-Wall Case and front Cover..

If I should contact you privately just please let me know what your email is. Thanks for your great advice and I could eventually share part of my bang got from my Bolivares Fuertes... but in Bolivares fuertes ..jejeje. kidding buddy

Thanks in advance

egamez

Postby egamez » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:11 pm

Hi Mario

As far test units, I am sure business to business relationships works much better and they should be eventually interested to expand their business. So my suggestion is you guys contact:

Sergio DeAlbuquerque

VidaBox, LLC
100 Shames Dr.
Suite #3
Westbury, NY 11590

Ph: 516-730-7500 X-4200
Fax: 516-558-7631
Email: sergio@vidabox.com
Web: www.vidabox.com

I have emailed him several times and as pointed by mnkynifefite the units cost is actually around $2,600 MSRP but lower /dealer prices can get at volumens bigger than 5 units

Thanks

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:37 am

According to the Vidabox web site the 8" is $10 less than the 12" - $2549. I agree this is reasonably steep for this size screen.

mnkynifefite - I am currently looking to construct something in the 8" range as I have a great mounting location that due to load bearing studs won't let me get any bigger. Can you elaborate on your design and which components you use for the benefit of the forum members? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

Return to “Touch Screens, Tablet PCs, Pocket PCs, Smart Displays & other Display Devices”