Show us your *touchscreens*!

Found a great input or display device you'd like to share with the forum...post it here.
windrockwater

Show us your *touchscreens*!

Postby windrockwater » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:48 am

So personally it seems that the device that people use to run ML is a critical part of the chain. I (as others) have been playing around with a variety of interfaces: Samsung Q1, Dell Axim, iPhone, ELO Touchscreen, Laptop and plain ole PC.

Each has its advantages and disadvantages.

Someone recently posted some helpful screen shots of their HP Touchsmart PC running ML. Can we start a thread where people can simply post various screens of how they are running ML? Be it wall mount, handheld or desktop. (The User Gallery doesn't have many photos posted).

I am on the hunt for a dockable handheld with a form factor similar to this Crestron unit (for a fraction of what it probably costs):

I like the Q1 but it was as little heavy, the battery would not make it through a movie and my model did not have a dock. And the iphone is great but a little small.

So please post photos of your ML interface devices here.....

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:08 pm

Here here. I second this request. I currently have an air panel (that i cant seem to get to connect), A fujitsu stylistic 3500 (that i cant get windows on to so its completely useless right now), and a q1(that actually works and i like but i havent had time to really set it up and customize and and work out all the tweaks ).
Hooked on HighDef

fnkpet
Expert
Expert

Here is mine

Postby fnkpet » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:48 pm

Here is mine - 5 touchcreens in wall in the house all 15" ELSO monitors.

Each touchcreen has 'local' spealers below them so you can watch movie, play music. (as well as 11 other ausio zones in the house).

Screen icons are animated flash characters.

Frank
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:31 pm

Taken in 2005:

I now use the Fujitsu 3500 units. I have a bunch of Motion tablets - which look beautiful, but they are not touch.

windrockwater

Postby windrockwater » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:07 am

What is that fijitsu in the lower center? Is it dockable? Seems like a nice form factor.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:11 am

I think that is a fujitsu LT800
Win98 from the factory.

I have a couple...wanna buy one? ;)
Runs MainLobby client, though a bit slow.
PCMCIA WiFi card.

ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ricks » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:37 am

I love the touchscreen magazine. :D Gotta get me one of those!

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:44 pm

P600. It is a nice form factor. Transflective screen. Decent performance with ML client on XP. Only bummer is the WiFi card hanging out of it and SVGA versus XGA. There's probably a smaller WiFi that'd fix that problem. I still think it's a great form factor - the best, IMNSHO. And the dock is excellent.

I think I put the magazine there for size comparison... or I just left my mess out - as usual. :roll:

Return to “Touch Screens, Tablet PCs, Pocket PCs, Smart Displays & other Display Devices”