rotate screen with command?

Found a great input or display device you'd like to share with the forum...post it here.
rtarver

rotate screen with command?

Postby rtarver » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:56 pm

I have a viewpad 1000 I've been setting up for multi-use. In normal use it'll sit in it's cradle and serve duty as an info-center. Weather, RSS feeds, calendar, menus etc. Second duty will be when I need to pull it off and browse the movie collection. Does anybody know how to rotate the screen display through ML? It would be nice if I could tie that command to a button that rotated the screen display and launched the landscape mode scenes.

Thanks,

Russ
Warp Speed now, and don't give me
any of that dilithium crystal crap!!!

bhiga
Expert
Expert

Postby bhiga » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:08 am

What graphics driver does it use? Most of the Intel graphics drivers have a hotkey function you can enable that does screen rotation.
- Brandon
My MainLobby stuff (plug-ins, screenshots, etc)

rtarver

Thanks,

Postby rtarver » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:44 pm

Found the hot key setup Ctrl+shift+[R 0 9 8 7] will shift to the specified orientation. Now, how do I go about passing a command to press a hot key combination?

Thanks,

Russ
Warp Speed now, and don't give me

any of that dilithium crystal crap!!!

bhiga
Expert
Expert

Postby bhiga » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:14 am

The SendKeys function of MLWindowFunctions should allow you to send the appropriate keys. The trick may be to find the appropriate window that needs to be active, if any.
- Brandon

My MainLobby stuff (plug-ins, screenshots, etc)

Return to “Touch Screens, Tablet PCs, Pocket PCs, Smart Displays & other Display Devices”