Dumping AirPanel for Mini Netbook - Anyone else doing this ?

Found a great input or display device you'd like to share with the forum...post it here.

Dumping AirPanel for Mini Netbook - Anyone else doing this ?

Postby neils » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:28 pm

Got tired of the slow as hell 802.11b speeds, not to mention the RDP connection having to be re-established all the time. So now the latest craze is the mini notebooks/netbooks. Models from Acer starting at $249 going all the way up to the really cool Gigabyte tablet PC.

I purchased the HP Mini with 10.2" screen and Solid State drive ($449). Looks slick in the kitchen, and a lot faster for graphics. It didn't take too long to get the MainLobby Client installed, and then the DVDLobby, MusicLobby and WeatherLobby all running and interfacing with my ML server in the HT room.

Just wanted to give you guys some options out there, for a few more bucks than an AirPanel, and a lot less than an inwall, you can get one of these slick, small, portable PC's.

The screen sizes vary between 8.9" and 10.2", although I have seen some as small as 5.6" too...

Love my HP Mini, might get one for the 2nd floor as well....

Postby sfreiman » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:09 am

The iPod Touch is replacing my Airpanel once Cinemar focuses back on the application

Return to “Touch Screens, Tablet PCs, Pocket PCs, Smart Displays & other Display Devices”