Buying a Sony dvp-cx777es can I use it with a airpanel V150

Found a great input or display device you'd like to share with the forum...post it here.
burg650

Buying a Sony dvp-cx777es can I use it with a airpanel V150

Postby burg650 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:43 pm

I plan on buying a Sony DVP-CX777ES changer and I have a computer that is hooked up to my DVR and my receiver that I use to play MP3'S. I have been told that with this 400 disk DVD I can connect it to a computer to control the player to manage the DVD's in the player, I also have a view sonic V150 that came with it own wi-fi connector and I would like to know if I can use V150 to control the Sony or will it have to be a wired monitor. Also what is the best software that will let me control the changer and let me see all the movies I have in the changer and can find a movie not only by name but by some kind of a photo list. Please excuse my lack of knowledge as I am new to the home theater world and just started to put together a home theater set up.

Thanks
Roger

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:01 pm

Cinemar has the best support of your CX777ES changer.
You will need:
MainLobby3 combo (MainLobby 3 Client and MainLobby 3 Server)
DVDLobby Pro 3.
MLCX777ES plugin - free plugin.

The above will provide control over you changer and allow you to add movies manually and view coverart of your movie collection. This will work with your Airpanel no problem.

In beta is the brand new MLDMR plugin that will go through your changer and lookup you movies and add them to the database automatically. Should be a couple of weeks before production availability.

burg650

Re: Buying a Sony dvp-cx777es can I use it with a airpanel V150

Postby burg650 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:41 pm

So now I got the Viewsoinc Airpanel to work right (sort of) I will now look into getting the Cinemar mainlobby combo to control my CX777es changer. Should I be aware of any problems that I might come up against, I hope the software will be an install hock up changer and all will work and I will not have to do any major setting up like when I tried to use Xlobby and the many many plug-ins and I could not get it to work.
Thanks
Roger C

Return to “Touch Screens, Tablet PCs, Pocket PCs, Smart Displays & other Display Devices”