I think Musiclobby should...

Post your suggestions for improving MusicLobby here

Postby THARTIGH » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:18 pm

Oh ya, go through the entire demo of touchtunes, It and the graghics are excellent!

Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:23 pm

THARTIGH wrote:I have been using a Alphabet scheme for a while. But, everytime someone is over they still ask a few questions when they want to use musiclobby.

1. How do I pick songs? Oh, hit options, Library, and pick a way to look for songs from the yellow buttons, top of the left panel. Apha, genre, ect...

2. Ok. how do I add the songs I want to play? Click the little plus sign after the song and it will add to the playlist. If you want the whole album, use the small arrow at the bottom left to go back, and hit the plus sign after the album. To actually listen to the song go to the right panel, scroll to the bottom, and press the song. ( I could change that but I like the songs to get added)

3. Hey, the cover art does not show anymore? Oh, click the little X at the right corner of the left panel.

Five minutes later their wife will ask the same set of questions.
Luckily I have friends that ask before just pressing a bunch of buttons!

Anyone should be able to walk up to a system and be able to just use it. Which goes back to, how do you layout the system. First thing to mind is DaveB's guides that was posted a few days ago. I would like a basic system and a power user system and control which one I would use with a variable. I have been doing all of my scenes like this for a while. I have button's on the main screen, Power user & guest (sets a variable). Now when you press a button to go to a scene it uses a conditional to select which one to go to based on the previous variable. This does not happen for all scenes only a couple.

Hopefully the new version will support some of these type features!

Agreed on all that, for sure!
Well put.

Postby blafarm » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:19 pm

Thanks for those links.

I see what you're saying about the functionality - and totally agree.
Maybe just personal taste, but I think the actual interface could be somewhat more refined and take better advantage of screen real estate.

The concept is right, though - and your approach in devising novice and power user interfaces is interesting and definitely worth consideration.

Return to “MusicLobby Feature Requests”