Scroll Bar for Thumbnails?

Post your suggestions for improving MusicLobby here
SparkyD

Scroll Bar for Thumbnails?

Postby SparkyD » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:33 pm

When I select music by artist/album there is a vertical scroll bar on the right side which I can use to jump right to any part of the alphabet. I love selecting music by thumbnails, but it always starts over in the "A's". With over 500 CD's, I never actually browse through anything past the letter "D" because it takes too long. I would have to navigate through 46 pages to get to ZZ Top. Would it be possible to add a scroll bar for the thumbnail pages? Being able to "jump" around in the thumbnails view would be awesome. Keep up the good work! Mark

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:56 am

Something like this has been requested 1000 times, tabbed interface with the alphabet on it to directly go to a page or even the addition of circular browsing would be helpful. Anyway, I have never heard once from anyone at Cinemar even respond or take note to this request so I doubt it is even on the list of thing to do.

IOW, don’t hold your breath.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:49 am

kingdaddy,

We will be revamping MusicLobby. We've got too much on the plate as of now to start digging into this one though as it will take a lot of time energy and focus.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:26 pm

Within a year, or will it be two or more years, if its the latter I will give up on it. Its hard to believe that it would be so hard to change the interface to have the ability to jump pages in thumb view. BTW, in case you guys don’t get good feedback, the whole wow, cool factor is to be able to pick your music form a graphic interface, everybody does text or list style, nothing cool about that. The ability to pick music from cover art thumbs is what makes this software cool and different, if it is not easy to do then the whole idea falls apart. Also, please allow the copying of buttons from Mul to another scene; having the buttons locked where you can’t edit them is a real PIA.

Thanks fro the response, I didn’t think I would ever hear anything from you guys about any improvements to Mul or DVD lobby, which reminds me, if you make a cool change to one like you did with DVD lobby’s addition of circular browsing, it makes no sense to me to not do it to all your front ends that are similar. Inconsistency of product is a very annoying and unforgivable thing in this tough world of software, nobody wants to have to learn different quirks for each front end, and they should all work the same. :D
Last edited by kingdaddy on Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “MusicLobby Feature Requests”