Music Lobby Streaming Features

Post your suggestions for improving MusicLobby here
gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Music Lobby Streaming Features

Postby gregoryx » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:58 pm

Okay... more and more of the public radio stations I like to listen to are streaming now (and are NOT on XM :?). I'm trying to use the Music Lobby Internet Radio features again.

I note a couple of few major things:
1- No ability to edit the list of internet radio stations. Is there a data file I can edit at least instead of having to write down what the station link or playlist location is, delete the existing one and add a new one just to change a name?
2- No ability to sort the stations. They're in the order they were entered. Period. Yuck.
3- No ability to add cover art. Not a big deal, of course, except that the visual aspect of Music Lobby is one of its great appeals. How 'bout a parameter to point to a specified .JPG?

We'll just leave the GUI issues out for now. :wink:

Thanks!
:D

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:50 pm

The internet radio stations are kept in the registry. I posted the location a while back.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:29 pm

Found 'em right after that. ONE LONG STRING IN ONE REGISTRY DWORD. Double yuck. Horrible. Request still stands. 8)

One possible fix for it: if there were a script to take a text file and make it into the .reg necessary to get it into the registry, that'd be a start, at least. :roll:

W4ZOO
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby W4ZOO » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:07 pm

gregoryx wrote:Found 'em right after that. ONE LONG STRING IN ONE REGISTRY DWORD. Double yuck. Horrible. Request still stands. 8)

One possible fix for it: if there were a script to take a text file and make it into the .reg necessary to get it into the registry, that'd be a start, at least. :roll:

I agree that the internet radio plugin is at best a joke, No editing and stored in the reg makes it hard to swap lists, also it's text based display goes against everthing I want in a display. Then there is MC but dont get me going.

My big uses so far are Internet radio and Music files. Scrolling through all of the thumbnails with no search or sort except to go back in text mode again.

Off to dinner before I piss some one off...
Ken

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:43 pm

Thumbnails? As in for scrolling through music? :shock:

No wonder you don't like it. You need to find another solution. I don't even find scrolling through 600+ thumbnails of DVDs acceptable. Scrolling through thousands is totally ridiculous. :?

Being familiar with how to use the search and filter functions and build views in JRMC, I am not complaining about that. :wink:

Back to the point: Internet Radio needs an overhaul. :P

W4ZOO
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby W4ZOO » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:27 am

gregoryx wrote:Thumbnails? As in for scrolling through music? :shock:

No wonder you don't like it. You need to find another solution. I don't even find scrolling through 600+ thumbnails of DVDs acceptable. Scrolling through thousands is totally ridiculous. :?

Being familiar with how to use the search and filter functions and build views in JRMC, I am not complaining about that. :wink:

Back to the point: Internet Radio needs an overhaul. :P

Using search and filters in JRMC, your in a text view corect?
Ken

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:02 am

Again, I can't see using thumbnails to search / filter 12,000 tracks. Yikes. I can't see that working for me no matter how well it was done.

Back to the point: internet radio needs an overhaul! 8)

W4ZOO
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby W4ZOO » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:32 am

gregoryx wrote:Again, I can't see using thumbnails to search / filter 12,000 tracks. Yikes. I can't see that working for me no matter how well it was done.

Back to the point: internet radio needs an overhaul! 8)

Yes, but would be nice for albums !
Ken

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:52 am

Not even just for albums unless you have a pretty small music collection. Nice for a casual browse for fun, but no way for someone who wants to pick music to play.

W4ZOO
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby W4ZOO » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:01 am

smoothtlk wrote:Not even just for albums unless you have a pretty small music collection. Nice for a casual browse for fun, but no way for someone who wants to pick music to play.

My music collection is small, but it would be nice to hit a 1,2 or 3 letter search and be in the ballpark.

They spent all the time making that wonderfull "Jukebox" function. The only comments I heare on that is how to get out of it !
Ken

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:06 am

You're specifically looking for that search to work with thumbnails, right? 'Cause the text one works, right? Not that I use it... worthless, IMNSHO... but it's there.

Curiousity: what would you see yourself searching for? I'm asking because I'm curious if better "view schemes" could be set up to accomplish what you have in mind.

W4ZOO
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby W4ZOO » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:38 am

gregoryx wrote:You're specifically looking for that search to work with thumbnails, right? 'Cause the text one works, right? Not that I use it... worthless, IMNSHO... but it's there.

Curiousity: what would you see yourself searching for? I'm asking because I'm curious if better "view schemes" could be set up to accomplish what you have in mind.

If I was select "S" I would go to the page that has the first "S" in It.
Then I could have the option to still page back and forth as I can now.

Basic but it would be a big improvement.

Right now everthing is setup as my dir are, J=jeff beck, would be nice if you could select first last or alblum on the fly.

I know that would be a major improvement.

And back to the Internet Radio. A text listing is fine but having the option to add a graphic would be nice too. Skip using the alblum screen and have a simular one for Radio, Scrolling info would be nice showing a items you can pick from a menu, Butrate, name, webcaster info. and why we are dreaming how about a config file to for each station, volume trim, or EQ, Don't use EQ my self but I could see a use.
And include a place with a graphic of my choice. and a back button to recall previously played titles , maybe the last 10

I know I could come up with other Ideas,

Better stop before I get depressed.

Thanks
Ken

mediastorm
Developer
Developer

Postby mediastorm » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:18 pm

>>Butrate

I'm not going anywhere near that one. ;)

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:10 am

W4ZOO wrote:If I was select "S" I would go to the page that has the first "S" in It.
Then I could have the option to still page back and forth as I can now.

Basic but it would be a big improvement.

Right now everthing is setup as my dir are, J=jeff beck, would be nice if you could select first last or alblum on the fly.

I know that would be a major improvement.

If I understand what you're asking, this can be done today - though with text-based view schemes, not with thumbnails.

The two methods I use most for searching for music are to browse my collection by alphabetical sort / artist / album and by genre / artist / album. Technically, both offer "track" as a last option, but I never use that. I only select albums to play.

Alphabetical starts with a list of A-B, C-D, E-F, etc. then the artists by name, then the albums by name.

Genre starts with a list of genres, then artists by name, then albums by name.

I also occaisionally use my "albums not listented to for 3+ months" as we as 6+, 9+, and "over a year".

I also use "albums added in the last two months".

The above all drop down into artist / album next.

Any of these trigger any ideas?

W4ZOO
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby W4ZOO » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:31 am

mediastorm wrote:>>Butrate

I'm not going anywhere near that one. ;)

I need that spell checker back !
Ken

Return to “MusicLobby Feature Requests”