Music Lobby Streaming Features

Post your suggestions for improving MusicLobby here
kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Tue May 10, 2005 10:51 am

W4ZOO wrote:If I was select "S" I would go to the page that has the first "S" in It.
Then I could have the option to still page back and forth as I can now.

Basic but it would be a big improvement.

I'm with you on this one, that's exactly what i want. I only have about 300 albums in my collection and I use thumbnails to select a song from a album in MUL (what other way is there), but find it very cumbersome to scroll through 26 pages to get to Porcupine Tree. i can't imagine how you guys with large collections must be getting around in MUL but this has got to change, it doesn’t even have circular browsing for crissakes. I understand about the text based view schemes, but I want to keep the thumbnails and still have the ability to jump to a certin page like my pronto remote. Thumbs just seem more natural and are easy to identify from a distance, i reconize all my music by image not reading, have always done it this way.

There definitely needs to be some major overhaul of the browsing features on MUL.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Tue May 10, 2005 6:10 pm

Pasted from above:

If I understand what you're asking, this can be done today - though with text-based view schemes, not with thumbnails.

The two methods I use most for searching for music are to browse my collection by alphabetical sort / artist / album and by genre / artist / album. Technically, both offer "track" as a last option, but I never use that. I only select albums to play.

Alphabetical starts with a list of A-B, C-D, E-F, etc. then the artists by name, then the albums by name.

Genre starts with a list of genres, then artists by name, then albums by name.

I also occaisionally use my "albums not listented to for 3+ months" as we as 6+, 9+, and "over a year".

I also use "albums added in the last two months".

The above all drop down into artist / album next.

Any of these trigger any ideas?

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Wed May 11, 2005 8:45 am

I think you missed the point about thumbnails.

I think some of us would like a simple Thumbnail view with a page or alphabetic list on the skin, so one could quickly select a page tab "S" and go right to that page. I really don’t like that you cannot modify any of the features of MUL, I find the Options button to be user un-friendly and would like some of those buttons to be on the skin where I want them.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Wed May 11, 2005 11:53 pm

Agree with that last statement 100%. I like the way the DVD Lobby buttons can be completely eliminated and replaced with my own - though I think they should be able to be called from MLServer.

I think your tabbed interface for thumbnails sounds interesting. Good thoughts.

Back to the point of this thread: it sure would be nice if Internet Radio got an overhaul! :roll:

Return to “MusicLobby Feature Requests”