Support for MS MediaPlayer

Post your suggestions for improving MusicLobby here
Larry Pitman

Postby Larry Pitman » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:46 am

Your are correct GregoryX, MediaPlayer is kind of lame, but free. MediaPlayer does however contain a library and play lists, although it may not be as extensive as MC, it is relativity simple and would be work fine for my use. I would entertain other freeware or shareware type programs if they were not so bloated and a more simplified licensing.

Postby evad » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:16 am

Ill just add myself to the Windows Media support list.

Seems like a nobrainer for simplicty. Most people are running XP and WMP is free works near perfect gets cover art albeit smaller pics.

I tried the trial of JRiver and was completly disappointed seems like a resource hog (no way to install server only that I know of). 30 bucks for a media player seems kinda pricey to me and no free upgrades? I mean when there are plenty of free alternatives out there WMP Winamp etc.. I have over 60gb of mp3s and less than 20% of my collection had no cover art. Where as, when I did use Windows Media Center/WMP I'd say at least 80% or more of my art was there. Software is clunky feeling to me. For something you have to pay for when there is something free already out there I feel it should be doing it alot better than the free competition and I feel it isnt.

just my 2 cents.

Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:58 pm

Cinemar is actively pesuing refining the process to add music and grab coverart. No immediate plans for Media Player integration. Too much work on the plate now. Maybe after this current plate is cleaned up, but not before. It's not a bad idea, just more work.

Return to “MusicLobby Feature Requests”