Can MusicLobby fix the dreaded lock-up issue?

Post your suggestions for improving MusicLobby here
gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Can MusicLobby fix the dreaded lock-up issue?

Postby gregoryx » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:34 pm

M'kay... real important issue, here:

Since the infamous "lock up if there's too many tracks playing" issue still stands and has been slowly whittled down to being one of the most significant issues remaining, I'd like to officially and strongly (if there's a way to do that) request some sort of "lop off the bottom of the playlist if it exceeds [insert your value here] tracks".

There are a couple of ways to accidentally ask the system to play ALL tracks and my friends and family seem to manage to find them pretty regularly, resulting in the typical "yeah, I didn't think this stuff was really realible yet" crap that I hate. :x

Barring some other - presumably difficult to address - solution, is this rather simple one possible? Just kill all tracks in the playlist past number 1000? Or number 500? Adjustable would be nice, but I'd take a static 1000 and be pleased with it.

I think the more long-term solution is simply not to have MusicLobby directly track all 12,000 songs :shock: when they get loaded - which slows down MC more than enough, but at least it can still run if MusicLobby isn't getting in the way. We do this in our programming environments (at the office) by caching only the displayable group (one "page-full", if you will) in a temporary array and displaying that on the screen. One down-side to this is that the slider must be re-addressed based on the full list, but it's the only real fix I can see.

Whaddayasay, Dan? Please? Pretty please?
:?

kimknapp

Postby kimknapp » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:46 pm

I agree!!! It has been a while since mine has locked up, but...! Also, I really would like to be able to have one zone just play all my music continuously, for times when I just don't want to go through the thumbnails and pick a "reasonable" number of albums to listen to.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:54 am

I'll bring this one to the top of my list.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:27 pm

Thank you, Dan!

8)

Return to “MusicLobby Feature Requests”