Grouped Thumnails in MuL and DVDL

Post your suggestions for improving MusicLobby here
SRamsdell

Grouped Thumnails in MuL and DVDL

Postby SRamsdell » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:37 pm

Pardon me if this has been discussed before, I was not able to find information on it.

Is there anywhere to "group" or "filter" thumbnail views in Music and/or DVD Lobby? I see that it is possible in MediaCenter.

I'd like to be able to use Thumnails for selection similar to the Library of Music, and/or the Search of DVD Lobby. For example, it'd be great to be able to creat a Thumbnail interface where Selecting Artist showed only that Artists Cover Art sorted by Album. Or Select a Genre and have only the Cover Art for the Albums (DVDs) that were applicable. Another example would be to select a MultiDisc DVD and see a group of thumbnails for the various disks, etc.

I currently have ~1,200 Albums with ~16,000 tracks in MusicLobby and over 600 DVDs in DVD Lobby and a dedicated P4 3.2Ghz HTPC. With both the server and client running on the same box, and this volume it's still pretty slow going to make selections. Using the PPC clients is nearly unbearable (especially as it keeps locking up) on an HP5455 iPAQ.

Has anyone explored whether the client can be configured this way, or with a "Tabbed" interface for groupings?

cheers!

SRamsdell

Postby SRamsdell » Tue May 25, 2004 8:23 pm

Is there nobody else that believes having return sets of thumbnails from a search, or drill down from a multi-disc set, or filtering by a genre, artist, etc. would be useful?

I really would like to be able to do this, but if I'm the lone voice figure I've little chance of seeing it.

cheers!

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue May 25, 2004 9:08 pm

I group Artists(5 at a time) using a standard MediaCenter choice.
so, I see 9-D, E-I, J-N and so forth.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Wed May 26, 2004 1:12 am

Ditto. I group in Music Lobby through the MC configs. No way to do that with DVD Lobby to my knowledge, though it is possible to sort by changer number, which could help a bit...

SRamsdell

Postby SRamsdell » Wed May 26, 2004 6:18 am

I do this also, but the return set in MuL is text. I'd like for there to be a way to setup so that Library-Artists-[A-C]-Aerosmith resulted in Thumnails for all of the Aerosmith Covers, etc. (from this point the rest of selection would work the same way as the "thumnail view")

I also group on Genre, in this situation -- Library-Genre-[Accoustic] would result in Thumnails of all CD Covers for Accoustic populated into the "thumbnail view" etc.

The sort of scenario with DVD Lobby would be great. "Grouping" on Genre would result in only the "Comedy" Covers being displayed in the thumnail view, etc.

cheers!

lewisjsuk

Thumbnail view of search results

Postby lewisjsuk » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:58 pm

I agree wholeheartedly, to be honest, I was more than a little surprised, not to mention disappointed to find that DVDLobby didn't do this, when I first tried filtering on genre! It just seems like such a no-brainer to me, you want to be able to select the interface type at the top level, of text or thumbnail and then everything you choose from there on will deliver results in the selected format, whether text or thumbnail.

Regards

Jamie

Return to “MusicLobby Feature Requests”