Audiotron Control

Post your suggestions for improving MusicLobby here
SRamsdell

Audiotron Control

Postby SRamsdell » Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:38 am

Is anyone working on being able to control Audiotrons? Ideally this would be directly from Music Lobby rather than through Media Center. An Audiotron index file could probably be used for rapidly loading file references. However, there would probably be a need to search a share drive for cover art, perhaps the "plug-in" could built/keep an index file of this.

I'd lilke to be able to use MLobby to control multiple Audiotrons in a multi-zone configuration. Unfortunately my programming skills ended in the days of clipper and rbase!

I'd love to hear if anyone is working on a similar setup.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/products/audiotron/

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:47 am

SRamsdell,
With WebLobby, you can open a browser and then point to the Audiotron webserver for full Audiotron control.

I also use Homeseer as my home automation package. There is a Audiotron HS plugin that Brian wrote. From MainLobby, I can send a command to Homeseer via the MLServer Homeseer plugin. This tells HS to send a command to the Audiotron. But, there isn't a good way to create playlists / view playlists. Just the most basic commands like Play / Stop are usable.

midi-guy

Postby midi-guy » Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:30 pm

Having already done something similar for a Crestron based control system, I am looking forward to doing something similar for the Mainlobby platform.

The Crestron solution I wrote was based on some existing code on the Crestron web site. It allows for the full control of the AudioTron, including full transport control, playlist management, direct and search access to Title, Artist, Genre info. Feedback of play queue and currently playing was also included.

SRamsdell

Postby SRamsdell » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:55 am

Are you planning to do as a Plug-in to either Main or Music Lobby with basically the same UI ? This would be great!

ktkkf

Postby ktkkf » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:45 am

This is the last piece of my lobby puzzle. The jukebox feature of MusicLobby is cool for parties. Much better than the native Audiotron "web" control. So how about it guys? Any action in this arena? I'm willing to help out any way I can to get this done. The interface to the Audiotron should be quite simple as it is simple http commands.
My name is Kevin. I am a Lobby addict.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:53 am

Here is the Audiotron API if anyone is interested.
I am using the audiotron plugin for Homeseer and now with the 2 way Krumpy plugin, can see the playlist.

Here is a link to lots of Audiotron resources:
http://www.tasman.nl/AT/

SRamsdell

Flashtron Port ?

Postby SRamsdell » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:06 am

There is also Flash Based interface designed for the Coraccess panels that could possibly be ported easily. At present it doesn't support cover art. Maybe if there's enough interest the authour would look into it.

http://pub90.ezboard.com/fturtlebeachfr ... =132.topic

cheers!

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:09 am

Don't forget, you can always launch the Flash Audiotron control in a WebLobby window: http://192.168.0.1:8081/Flash?Get
I use the weblobby.ini copy routine to reset the weblobby home page before launching the audiotron.mls (weblobby scene that defaults to flash audiotron control weblink).

Works good!

ktkkf

Postby ktkkf » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:56 pm

I've been using Flashtron for a few weeks now and it is good but needs work, e.g., song or CD titles that are too long for the button in which they are displayed. None of the methods decribed above address the issue of seemless integration with the Lobby suite, i.e., the look and feel. I particularly like the look and functionality of the jukebox feature in MusicLobby. It would be much cooler for guests to "flip" through cover art and select songs rather than the crappy text based web interface that is native to the Audiotron.

I take it that MusicLobby relies on the J. River stuff to do most of the work and there is an API in place for issuing requests, receiving status, etc. Possibly a solution is to write a Media Center emulator. A little magic that would fool MusicLobby into thinking it was conversing with Media Center but in actuality would convert and send requests to the Audiotron.

Or, quite possibly, I'm way off...

ktkkf

Postby ktkkf » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:31 pm

by the way, this thread may be better suited in the "MusicLobby requests" section.

pendlet

Postby pendlet » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:48 am

Did this ever end up happening?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:38 am

The audiotron is not supported natively within MusicLobby. There is a Homeseer Audiotron plugin as well as a MLServer audiotron plugin. use search as there were posts on it prior.

ktkkf

Postby ktkkf » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:54 am

I ended up writing my own application to control the audiotron.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:45 am

ktkkf,
What's different with your audiotron solution? Are you able to select songs from within MainLobby? How chatty is it on the network? These are the two issues I have always found with MainLobby <> Audiotron solutions.
Care to share?
thanx

Return to “MusicLobby Feature Requests”