New musiclobby coming

Please post general questions about using this product.
windrockwater

New musiclobby coming

Postby windrockwater » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:27 am

I thought i saw a post saying saying that a new music lobby was a priority and being worked on....is this true?

I love the new ML iTunes interface but really use jriver MediaCenter because it is so much more powerful and i use FLAC.

So what would be a rough ETA on the new musiclobby?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:07 pm

We are aggressively working on the next release of MusicLobby and the best ETA we can give is as soon as possible.

sfreiman
Expert
Expert

Postby sfreiman » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:28 am

Will there be CD Changer (Sony '450, '455 etc.) support again, as mentioned in earlier posts?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Maybe. It will not be a first priority. You could use DVDLobby for that today. Create a special genre for MusicCDs, populate them into the DVDLobby database and then create a special scene that filters on only MusicCDs.

sfreiman
Expert
Expert

Postby sfreiman » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:18 pm

CinemarDave wrote:Maybe. It will not be a first priority. You could use DVDLobby for that today. Create a special genre for MusicCDs, populate them into the DVDLobby database and then create a special scene that filters on only MusicCDs.

I've still been using MusicLobby "Classic", which still controls the changers. It's just getting a little stale now, with everything else being updated and all. :wink:

I still like using my cd changers and dvd changers. Call me crazy.

windrockwater

Postby windrockwater » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:38 pm

Can you tease us and give us an idea of what you are trying to improve about Musiclobby? Will it look and feel like the itunes interface?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:50 pm

Here's a brief list

1) Fully customizable user interface. The initial release will look just like the current iTunes scenes.
2) Is completely stand-alone. Does not require J-River.
3) Supports up to 16 independent zones of audio. (# set by license)
4) Uses SQL Server Express as the database engine
5) Ability to import from iTunes and J-River music libraries
6) Built-In CD ripping support
7) Support for all popular audio formats.

and a lot more. But we'll tell you more about that as we get closer to the beta release.

itanic
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby itanic » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:46 pm

Yummy!

windrockwater

Postby windrockwater » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:18 pm

Sounds great. Should be a hit.

Maybe you can help with a current musiclobby question....
I use jriver to manage my library of music that consists of FLAC files along with duplicates in MP3 format for my ipod. I want Musiclobby to only access the FLAC files but it continues to show both MP3 and FLAC copies. I have made schemes in jriver for both MP3 and FLAC. Is there a way to tell musiclobby to only access a certain jriver 'scheme'. Any ideas?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:29 pm

There is no option to ignore those music files at this time.

MurrayW
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby MurrayW » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:26 pm

CinemarDave wrote:There is no option to ignore those music files at this time.
"At this time"...does that mean the new music lobby will allow that? It would be nice to be able to choose a user defined heirarchy to be able to choose which type of files would be displayed. Like the previous poster, I have most of my music in a lossless format (I use ape), with some duplicate mp3's for my mp3 player. I also have a some titles that I only have mp3's. Let's say I had 3 songs (A, B and C)
A: Both an ape and mp3 version
B: Only an ape version
C: Only an mp3 version.

I would like to set ape as my preferred format and be able to see and play only 3 of these 4 files:
A (ape), B (ape), C (mp3)

Hope this makes sense and it is possible to do in a future version of the new musiclobby.

Murray

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:14 pm

The new version of MusicLobby allows you to specify what types of audio files to import. However this is a binary process. Either all mp3s or none. When you have multiple versions of the same song do they reside in the same folder with that same name except for the extension? If so perhaps a priority system could be implemented that treated certain file types over others.

MurrayW

Postby MurrayW » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:18 am

CinemarDave wrote:The new version of MusicLobby allows you to specify what types of audio files to import. However this is a binary process. Either all mp3s or none. When you have multiple versions of the same song do they reside in the same folder with that same name except for the extension? If so perhaps a priority system could be implemented that treated certain file types over others.
No, multiple versions of the same song are in separate folders. I have a top level folder named My CDs that have my ape extension files under Artist/Album subfolders and another folder named My Mp3s with Artist/Album subfolders that contain my mp3 files.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:13 pm

Then the new version of MusicLobby will work for you since you can tell it to only look in your My CDs folder and ignore the My MP3s folder.

MurrayW

Postby MurrayW » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:25 pm

CinemarDave wrote:Then the new version of MusicLobby will work for you since you can tell it to only look in your My CDs folder and ignore the My MP3s folder.
Yeah, but that won't help for song C in my example above. I want to be able to see and play mp3's if and only if that song doesn't exist in .ape format NOT ignore ALL mp3's.

Return to “MusicLobby Questions & Answers”