Current image variable problem

Please post general questions about using this product.
indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Current image variable problem

Postby indecision » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi guys.

I got bored yesterday and decided to update several of my plug-ins. I haven't done that in about 5 months. After doing so I am having some current image variable issues.

I use a Musiclobby now playing image on several of my scenes utilizing the mlmediacenter_htpc_zone 1_curimage variable. This has been working great for over a year. As of the upgrade yesterday I get "image not available. When I plug the variable reference address into my browser it does not come up with anything either.

Any suggestions or tips? I guess the lesson learned is not to upgrade if I have no issues. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thanks

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:48 pm

What version of MusicLobbyServer.ocx are you using?
Use latest in MLInstaller. 3.0.128.0

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby indecision » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:42 pm

Thanks that did the trickon the images.

However Musiclobby is so much slower now. It seems to cache the images differently now. Is there a way that I can find and go back to the older version? Would rolling back take care of that?

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby indecision » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:19 pm

Upon further investigation it seems to be the musiclobby server plugin in jrmc. It is eating up the cpu and making everything run slow. I will try a reinstall.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:46 am

make sure logging is turned off this is really cpu intensive I found.
DVDLobby, MuL, JRMC, TV Lobby, DVD Profiler.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby indecision » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:39 am

Thanks for the tip. I think it is definitely the logging as the Musiclobby within J river was updating like crazy when I installed the new version. Where do I turn off the logging specific to this plug-in. I did not see an option on the plug-in itself. Is it within J River Instead?

I ended up rolling back the system which restored the old MuL versions and all is well again.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:45 am

Look for the logging options in the MusicLobby plugin within J River's application.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby indecision » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:16 pm

Mario,

Thanks for the response. In checking out the configuration tab in the MusicLobby Server Plug-in within J River I don't see any option to turn off the logging.

You can:

-turn off variable udates and update triggers
-turn off position counter update
-update server variables in fast mode

There are also the play behavior options. I don't see an option to turn off the logging. Maybe it is only in the newer version of the plug-in. I rolled back to 3.0.31 because of the issues mentioned above. I hate to install it one again unless I know that I can disable the logging.

Any other thoughts?

Davis

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:01 am

Davis,

Play with checking/unchecking those options and you should see a difference in CPU usage.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

http://www.cinemaronline.com

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby indecision » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:22 am

Mario,

I have done that and it doesn't seem to make a difference for me in the new version. The old version that I went back to only logs information every few seconds. When I had the new version running it was logging things at an alarming rate. It is as if I need to turn off the logging itself.

As I said I rolled back to the previous version and will just stay there for a while. It is working fine.

Thanks as always for all the help.

Davis

deanb2

Postby deanb2 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:34 pm

indecision wrote:Thanks for the response. In checking out the configuration tab in the MusicLobby Server Plug-in within J River I don't see any option to turn off the logging.

It's at the bottom of the status page (not the configuration page) in the JRiver plugin - 'Enable Event Log'.
Turn it off, otherwise it continously logs the track and image settings.

Dean

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby indecision » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:59 am

I owe you guys a big apology for wasting your time. As I mentioned earlier I had rolled back to the old version because of the trouble I was having and this setting is not in the previous plugin. Last night I again upgraded and there was the setting.

The logging must turn on by default in the new install and it slows down Musiclobby dramatically. Once I turned it off everything was back to normal.

Thanks for all the help.

Davis

Return to “MusicLobby Questions & Answers”