I must be slow...View Scheme issue

Please post general questions about using this product.
mnkynifefite
Intermediate
Intermediate

I must be slow...View Scheme issue

Postby mnkynifefite » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:58 pm

Ok so I've searched and read all the posts here about View Schemes but I still have several nagging issues. The biggest one is When I click Genre in MuL all I see is the song listings...but I want to view by either Artist or Album first.

MC does this just fine. Everything works well...just can't get MuL to list results properly.

Can someone please expalin IN DETAIL the steps I need to take to get it working? Once I can get one working I'm sure I can apply the "logic" to the other Schemes I want to create.

Thanks!

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:41 pm

mnky, I dont have your answer but can you tell me where you Genre in Musiclobby? I dont see that choice in ML.

jjjukebox
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby jjjukebox » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:55 pm

Try to make playlist by genre. I think that is all you can do right now.
J.J. Jukebox

mnkynifefite
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mnkynifefite » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:58 pm

So I would need to make a playlist for every Genre? There is no way...there must be a way to group the Genre View Scheme by album or artist. Anyone have this working?

jjjukebox

Postby jjjukebox » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:01 pm

Do some lsearching for view schemes. Under audio where you probably sort by artist and title, add genre as a view scheme and it should come up in Music Lobby.
J.J. Jukebox

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:44 pm

In JRMC, next to Audio there is a little V icon. Click this it will show you the current views.

Right click on Audio, add view scheme. In the view scheme, section 1, click add, in the field box add genre. OK. Now a new view Genre should appear. In the MuL client goto Options, library, Audio you should now see a new category, Genre. > icon will take you too the defined genre categories.

JRMC lets you setup some very advanced view schemes. 100 random songs is my personal favourite. Closely followed by new this month. I have listened to more music at home since installing music lobby than I ever did prior to installing MuL.

Now playing Dream Acamedy - Life in a Northern Town. Awesome Alternative 80's.

Rgds

KGudge
DVDLobby, MuL, JRMC, TV Lobby, DVD Profiler.

mnkynifefite
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mnkynifefite » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:16 am

Thanks. Actually it's the oddest thing. I did exactly that earlier, but for some reason it would not show the Genre's group by artist/album. Then I rebooted everything...and viola. It worked. Ahh..the joy of Windows.

Return to “MusicLobby Questions & Answers”