NOW Playing not showing

Please post general questions about using this product.
Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

NOW Playing not showing

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:05 pm

this is not a coverart issue necessarily but whats playing doesnt show up not. not even the list of all the music in line to play. if i hit options, it gives me all those items like 100 random songs, top hits, etc but when i try to add those to NOW PLAYING, nothing happens. i have scoured the wiki and forums and im stuck.

here is a LARGE pic from jriver. i cant resize it that i know of on this computer.

I will delete it later so it doesnt take up so much room.

it shows the ml screen shot if you scroll to the right.

The event logging constanlty is doing something.

I copied all my old files and it took some tweaking to get this far.

pay no attention to my home screen. for now, i just am trying to get everything to work then i will make it easier to navigate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:04 pm

First, it would appear that you have your music stored in Documents and Settings....not a good idea because I assume you want to share your media across multiple PCs.

Put the Music in a "D" Drive and then share D:\Music with Everyone has access rights.

Did you make sure MediaCenter was using coverart images that are not embedded in the music file?

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:18 pm

David, eventually I will have all the media on a seperate machine. for now I am just getting everything ready and working to put into showroom. At a later point, i will change it. Right now, no other access is needed. But, good eye.

If you are asking if the cover is in specified folder and NOT in the same folder as the file, yes, Are you referring to something else?

I followed some instructions i found in the wiki and forum.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:30 pm

If my cover art files are messed up it sounds like it would have an effect on issues Im having.

Some cover art shows in jriver, others dont so i know i have an issue with my cover art.

Return to “MusicLobby Questions & Answers”