Live video in main lobby

Discuss with other members how to distribute and setup whole house audio and video. Let everyone know what combination of products you are using to accomplish this.
AccessHA
Expert
Expert

Postby AccessHA » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:59 am

mediastorm wrote:
jss wrote:Oh, this also worked very well for rebroadcasting a video source to other rooms on tablets and etc. too.

This is one of those features I’ve always wanted in ML. It has endless possibilities and it’s one of the great features of the Crestron/AMX client. This would open the door to:

1) Previewing surveillance cameras.
2) Re-broadcasting video to clients around the house.
3) Video conferencing or video intercoms
4) Cueing up video from a remote location.

The list goes on but I find the WebLobby solution to be a half-baked workaround. It sounds like the video capabilities of Flash have greatly improved with the latest release and could open up some new doors for ML.
Hell-bent on automating everything! I’m too lazy to do anything else.

www.accessHA.com
Access Home Automation
The ultimate Insteon resource on the web.

jss
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jss » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:47 pm

Who has an axis camera or server? Try this out:

http://www.abacast.com/products/axis.php

The video stream ends up looking like a virtual web cam, and then you can use the camera.swf object at the top of this thread. I'm curious how the results will look.

I haven't had the time to set up my axis server, but I'm curious how this will work.

-JSS

rlindblad
Expert
Expert

Postby rlindblad » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:00 pm

I'll see if I can get it going tonight!

Thanks!

Bob

rlindblad
Expert
Expert

Postby rlindblad » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:14 pm

I sent an email requesting a trial from them. I have tried to get webcamXP to work for me, but have not had success yet. When I get something from them, I'll definitely try it.

Bob

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:51 pm

I have found it pretty straightforward to have the Axis video servers output into a WebLobby window. There is that little annoyance of the "3D look" thingy, but that's hardly a killer.

Note that WebLobby can be made to run in an overlay, menaning that one can have a WebLobby / camera POP UP on top of your other displays when someone is at the door or such. It also works - though not purdy - for distributing video... and potentially audio, though I don't have that option attached to mine. There's a high-quality version that might serve better...

craig

Postby craig » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:33 pm

My 4 port capture card with some software called "Stingray Pro Ultra 2002 (4port)".

It has a built in http server and came with a java applet to display streams at user two defined framerates. I'll be displaying security through some small webpages it looks like.

Also to keep an eye on is an open source flash server called red5 at http://www.osflash.org/red5

AccessHA
Expert
Expert

Postby AccessHA » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:33 am

craig wrote:Also to keep an eye on is an open source flash server called red5 at http://www.osflash.org/red5

Nice... looks like it may just fit the bill. Streams and re-broadcasts video.
Hell-bent on automating everything! I’m too lazy to do anything else.

www.accessHA.com

Access Home Automation

The ultimate Insteon resource on the web.

dreamhost
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby dreamhost » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:53 pm

dumb question:
I downloaded the zip with the file in it..... now what do I do to get it to display on my computer? I'm using ml of course...

jss
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jss » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:45 pm

Are you talking about the camera.zip at the top of this thread, or something referred to later.

If you are talking about camera.zip, place a button on the scene, edit it, and browse to the camera.swf file in the jpg or swf field. Assuming you have a compatible video input, that should do it. If not, post more info and I'll try to help.

-Joe

dreamhost
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby dreamhost » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:55 pm

jss wrote:Are you talking about the camera.zip at the top of this thread, or something referred to later.

If you are talking about camera.zip, place a button on the scene, edit it, and browse to the camera.swf file in the jpg or swf field. Assuming you have a compatible video input, that should do it. If not, post more info and I'll try to help.

-Joe

thank you, somehow I knew I was just missing something really simple there.

s.morris

Postby s.morris » Fri May 19, 2006 3:23 pm

Hi JSS and All,

Well when I first tried the camera swf file it worked a treat, but for some reason it crashed and now can't get it to show the video again, just getting a black screen.

Tried reboot pc etc.. Using a pinnacle TV card

Any one have any ideas?

Also is there any way to place a boarder around the video? or would this require a flash app

Steve
Checkout my home cinema @ www.stevescinema.themorris.org.uk

jss
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jss » Fri May 19, 2006 3:38 pm

Best way to test is to play the camera.swf in the stand alone flash player outside of ML. If it doesn't work there, then it is a system configuration problem.

This worked on a pinnacle card!? That's cool - I didn't think it would.

To add a border, simply design a jpeg graphic silghtly larger than the video window and place it on your screen in a z-order behind the video window. If you actually want to crop or round the corners you would need to do this in flash. I made a version of the camera .swf with a border once, but I just suffered and computer crash earlier this week; I'm waiting for a repair before I do a restore. I've e-mailed this to a few persons on this board - maybe one of them can post it for everyone.

Good Luck.

-JSS

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri May 19, 2006 3:44 pm

I am not sure, but I think this might also be working with a Hauppauge PVR350 TV card. Will double check tonight.

s.morris

Postby s.morris » Fri May 19, 2006 4:39 pm

Thanks Guys,

Well it seem to work again at the moment, will try the boarder thing

thanks

steve

s.morris

Postby s.morris » Sat May 20, 2006 3:10 am

Thanks JSS got the border sorted, but there still seem to be a problem, on occasion I lose the video feed and my overlay backgrounds go red all but the one with the video feed, after reset Mainlobby and all is well again

Thanks for your time in creating this swf

Steve

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Whole House Audio/Video Distribution”