It's a 84ft. vessel and it's currently being built (now in wiring phase) so we can still run cables anywhere.
We need to have 6 audio/video zones (option for extension to 8 would be nice)
What would you guys think of a Cinemar-based system for its audio/video needs? I know most of the traditional A/V guys would say standardized Crestron/AMX level systems, but what if we tried something more creative? could turn out to be way cheaper and more customizable while not being tied to a specific manufacturer.
Does anyone have experience with yacht installations based on Cinemar suite?
What I'm looking for is suggestions for A/V equipment that has proven to be rock-solid, not causing many problems when coupled with a PC running the Cinemar suite.
Here's what we are thinking of getting so far.
- PC with CasaTunes 6-zone PCI-express XLi card / or MAudio Delta1010LT, running Cinemar with MLS Server, MainLobby, DVDLobby, MusicLobby, Russound Plug-in, J-River Media Center
- Entry level Kaleidescape media center
- Russound VM1 Video
- Russound CAV 6.6
- 6 DirecTV Boxes (RS232-controllable)
- iPod® Docking Stations (Russound iBridge or Sonance iPort )
- 3 x touchpanels (recommendations?)
I've just finished going though the architecture diagrams for possible setups, and I found it very helpful, is this version the latest one?
If there are professional integrators here who could work on this project feel free to PM me with contact info
Thanks a lot