Top 1/8 of display ripping or jittering HELP!!!

Discuss with other members how to distribute and setup whole house audio and video. Let everyone know what combination of products you are using to accomplish this.
scotthpdx

Top 1/8 of display ripping or jittering HELP!!!

Postby scotthpdx » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:02 am

I have had a problem with my two Pioneer 300 DVD Carousels since I switched to a Mitsubishi TVs a few years ago. I had to switch all of my DVD video to S Video to mask the issue. It has cropped up again, since I am now using AVATrix and it requires the component video.

I thought maybe some of you might know what is causing my problem.

When playing component video with a component cable directly attached from the DVD player to the TV I get a jittering ripping image in the top 1/8 of the display.

When I hook up the DVD Player through the AVATRIX video switcher to the main output, I get this same ripping image at the top of my display.

When I run it through the AVATRIX, and take the signal out through one of the RJ45 lines to a wall plate, it works great. No ripping or jittering. While this is a work around, it is not what I really want. I do not want to mask this by making my theater room a zone and using up one of my RJ45 outputs.

Do I need an amp? Is this what the active voltage filters are for?

Any thoughts?

Scott
What would you like to automate today....

lathanm
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby lathanm » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:23 pm

Sounds like you have a problem with the input on the TV since the problem happens with the DVD directly connected. Tearing is normally from too hot a signal or an impedance mismatch. Does the problem follow the DVD player if you move it to another TV? If not have the TV checked at the dealer.
Hacker /n./ One who enjoys the intellectual challenge of creatively overcoming or circumventing limitations.

Pass the popcorn, the movie is starting!

http://project2501.tzo.com/gallery/automation
http://project2501.tumblr.com

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:53 pm

Just to add to the above; I have also seen tearing happen with poor quality cables. I would agree that it also could be somthng with the TV. As suggested, try the same setup on a secondary TV and se what the results are. Try different cables and make sure that the cable routing is away from any other possible RMF sources.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

bhiga
Expert
Expert

Postby bhiga » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:21 pm

Though it's unlikely in this case since I doubt the DVD player has an input, a sync problem can also occur if there is a signal loop established, for example VCR to TV back to VCR.
- Brandon
My MainLobby stuff (plug-ins, screenshots, etc)

Return to “Whole House Audio/Video Distribution”