Problem with Component Video/Digital Audio Baluns

Discuss with other members how to distribute and setup whole house audio and video. Let everyone know what combination of products you are using to accomplish this.
chrismd77
Intermediate
Intermediate

Problem with Component Video/Digital Audio Baluns

Postby chrismd77 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:39 pm

I am using the recommended Component Video/Digital Audio Baluns from Cinemar. Let me start by stating that I have all my Cat5 wire run and my walls patched back up. I have 4 zones of video. Those zones are getting HD video via the baluns. In two of my zones I have a noticable hum in the audio and a bar in the video that moves up the screen so often. My guess is that I am getting some interference in the Cat5 run from the switch to the zone?

Is there anything I can do or buy that will get rid of this? I can not cut open my walls again.

Thanks in advance, Chris

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:57 pm

Assuming you don't have electrical wires running in parallel in your walls, try going right to your switcher or source and make sure it's not right next to power sources. If you are using a switcher, try moving it away from your other components to see if that helps.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:58 pm

Another possibility is that you have a ground loop. These are toughies. Easiest is to plug one side into the other phase of the power panel (different outlet). There are ground loop isolation hardware devices, but none that roll off the top of my head.

Return to “Whole House Audio/Video Distribution”