Hauppauge PVR 250 and 019_0100

Discuss with other members how to distribute and setup whole house audio and video. Let everyone know what combination of products you are using to accomplish this.
JJPhillipson

Hauppauge PVR 250 and 019_0100

Postby JJPhillipson » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:24 am

I'm trying to display the output of my Hauppauge PVR 250 in Mainlobby but can't get it to display the picture. It works with a USB Webcam but not the capture card.

Has anybody got this working with a Hauppage PCI capture card?

Thanks
Jason
Redwing Systems Ltd
http://www.redwingsystems.co.uk

jss
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jss » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:15 am

It works on a 150 but I've not heard results from a 250. There have been some problems with cards with built-in hardware MPEG encoders. This is a driver issue, which ML really has no control over. I've tested many cards and tried hard to figure out the why some have trouble. There is just no easy solution.

I think there are some threads indicating which cards work and which don't.

-JSS

bhiga
Expert
Expert

Postby bhiga » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:46 pm

I think the 250 has a hardware MPEG encoder, which would then lead to the question of whether the card also has a way to output the uncompressed video into the system, versus just feeding the system the already-compressed MPEG.

If there's a way to get the uncompressed video, then it's a driver issue (whether that's possible through DirectShow, etc). If there isn't a way to get the uncompressed video, then either hardware or software would need to decompress the MPEG video first.

Brandon
- Brandon
My MainLobby stuff (plug-ins, screenshots, etc)

Return to “Whole House Audio/Video Distribution”