WebLobby won't unload from layer

Please post general questions about WebLobby here
mnkynifefite
Intermediate
Intermediate

WebLobby won't unload from layer

Postby mnkynifefite » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:31 pm

I have WebLobby loading on layer 3, but when I select another menu item WebLobby does not unload from that layer. The same load/unload works for every other scene I have created. What's the problem?

Here is the code (button) that launches the scene-

Macro|MLCmd|{{clientname}}~unloadLayer|3!MLCmd|{{clientname}}~loadOverlayAdvanced|Internet\grocery_layer_browser.mls~3!MLCmd|{{clientname}}~unloadLayer|2!MLCmd|{{clientname}}~loadOverlayAdvanced|Internet\grocery_layer_submenu.mls~2!SetVariable|Menu_{{clientname}}_current~grocery!SetVariable|Menu_{{clientname}}_current_sub~thumbs

Here is the code of another button (when I want to change scenes)-

Macro|MLCmd|{{clientname}}~unloadLayer|3!MLCmd|{{clientname}}~loadOverlayAdvanced|Music\Music_layer_thumbs.mls~3!MLCmd|{{clientname}}~unloadLayer|2!MLCmd|{{clientname}}~loadOverlayAdvanced|Music\Music_layer_submenu.mls~2!SetVariable|Menu_{{clientname}}_current~music!SetVariable|Menu_{{clientname}}_current_sub~thumbs

The music scene loads fine but the WebLobby browser is still loaded on top of it...thus it does not unload. Please help!

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Re: WebLobby won't unload from layer

Postby ronsatter » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:04 pm

I always place the MLWebLobby command:

MLCmd|MLCommand~{{clientname}}~Web|Close~1

in the "Scene Exit" options section of the scene containing the WebLobby window. That ensures that the window is closed before any other code is executed. This is assuming your WebLobby window ID is 1.

Just to be clear, unloading a layer containing a WebLobby window will not close the window automatically. WebLobby windows are designed to float above all ML layers and must be closed via the above command.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

mnkynifefite
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: WebLobby won't unload from layer

Postby mnkynifefite » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:06 am

Thanks for the reply Ron.

I've grown quite tired of the anemic browser support of ML. It's about time Mario, Dave and crew migrate the client to an all browser interface. The possibilities that would open up are endless.

I'll give that code a try, but I think I've settled on ditching the browser library object, instead opting for launching an instance of Firefox that I've heavily modified for touchscreen "ease of use". This allows me to run Greasemonkey, scripts, and other add-ons.

Return to “WebLobby Questions & Answers”