WebLobby under Windows 7

Please post general questions about WebLobby here
simonmason
Expert
Expert

WebLobby under Windows 7

Postby simonmason » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:13 pm

I know that Windows 7 isn't supported, but running in XP compatability mode doesn't work on Windows 7. Has anyone tried this? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WebLobby under Windows 7

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:24 pm

Windows 7 is supported. I am running at least two machines with Windows 7 without any issues. If you are running any WebLobby scenes you have to make sure that you set the compatibility mode to Windows XP SP2. I have not had any Weblobby type issues on my Windows 7 PCs after setting the compatibility mode. Also, just like in Vista you need to make sure that UAC is turned off and that you are logged in as an administrator of the PC.

killervette

Postby killervette » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:18 pm

CinemarDave wrote:Windows 7 is supported. I am running at least two machines with Windows 7 without any issues. If you are running any WebLobby scenes you have to make sure that you set the compatibility mode to Windows XP SP2. I have not had any Weblobby type issues on my Windows 7 PCs after setting the compatibility mode. Also, just like in Vista you need to make sure that UAC is turned off and that you are logged in as an administrator of the PC.

same...working fine on Windows 7.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:31 pm

I checked again. UAC is set to Never Notify (which I think is the same as off). I have an account that is an administrator, although not THE administrator. I have set compatibility to XP SP2, and I have tried it with and without "run as an administrator". It does not even display the splash screen. I checked Task Manager and it shows a copy of MainLobby running, and even doing something as the CPU hovers around 50%. If I turn off compatibility mode it works fine, except of course WebLobby.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:03 pm

I would still prefer to see UAC turned off.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:59 am

I confirmed that it is turned off in the registry. There must be something else interfering with WebLobby. The machine in question is a Thinkpad X200. It had Vista on it so I performed an upgrade. All updates are downloaded and installed AFAIK. I use it for doing all of my programming work on the system before uploading to the touchscreens.
Simon D. S. Mason

Return to “WebLobby Questions & Answers”