On screen Keyboard

Please post general questions about WebLobby here
lyfelyte

On screen Keyboard

Postby lyfelyte » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:11 am

This was touched upon last year at some point, but I don't think it was ever resolved. The SWF and the .MLS for Mainlobby's on screen keyboard only works with selected applications, but not with Weblobby. Is there going to be a version that works with Weblobby?

Can the MLWindowFUNCTIONS command with SENDKEYS work if I created my own keyboard? I already know about OSK.exe and the Click-N-Type application, but I'm not interested in running an outside program, plus they are generic looking. They ruin the scene. If there was an SWF type keyboard application out there, that would work because at least it would be integrated into the scene by using it as a button or overlay. Oh wait, that's what Mainlobby has, only it doesn't work with Weblobby.

Let me know if I'm missing something or if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,
TD

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Re: On screen Keyboard

Postby simonmason » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:36 am

I just started playing with this. I took the keyboard from the new MLDrinkFinder and added that to my WebLobby scene - successfully. However, because the Internet window stays on top of the scene the keyboard is useless - see the attached screen shot. Is there no way around this? Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Simon D. S. Mason

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:42 am

One way I can think of to resolve this is to load the keyboard as a new scene instead of an overlay. This is not as elegant but is this the only option? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:55 am

You can open the windows on-screen keyboard if you need to interact with WebLobby.

In the file application field for a button, just put osk.exe
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ronsatter » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:46 pm

In the file application field for a button, just put osk.exe

Mario, this did not work for me. I had to browse to the application on the hard drive to create the correct path name. This is what I entered in the application field:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\osk.exe

To prevent the Windows task bar from appearing when you run the osk.exe, uncheck the setting: "View Windows Task Bar" in the Startup Options Panel. See below.
Startup Options Panel.jpg

Ron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

Return to “WebLobby Questions & Answers”