Command to set window focus

Please post general questions about WebLobby here
ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Command to set window focus

Postby ronsatter » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:20 am

I use keyboard commands to scroll up/down through web pages viewed in WebLobby. Apparently when WebLobby opens a window in ML, it does not set the focus to the window. I have to manually click inside the window before I can use keyboard arrow keys to scroll.

Does anyone know a command or method which will set the window focus when the WebLobby window is opened? Is there an unplublished command in the plugin? I would even settle for a work-around if it's not too crazy.

Thanks,

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

Evja

Postby Evja » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:30 am

Hi Ron,

I can only offer a workaround I am afraid....

Have a look at this post, the tool I mention there will allow you to do this on your local machine or a remote machine on the same network segment.

http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/foru ... hp?t=14178

I build the required functions as batch files, and convert these to .exe to run invisible. I call the .exe files from ML Client or server or homeseer, whatever you prefer.

It has tons of other possibilities as well, check it´s potential in the enclosed helpfile.

Cheers,

Evja

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:15 pm

Thanks Evja. I'll check it out.

Does anyone know if there may be a way to set MLWebLobby window focus with the MLWindowFunctions plugin? There must be a way to do this simply with a script command ... calling all scripting gurus! :D

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

jjjukebox

Postby jjjukebox » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:22 pm

The only way I have been able to set focus on ML is using Girder & MLGirder. I just send a right click to somewhere on the app window I target within Girder. Might work also with MLWebLobby.

With MLWindowFunctions try just sending a right click to somewhere on he MLWebby window. Cant remember all the MLWindowFunctions commands.

Later
J.J. Jukebox

Return to “WebLobby Questions & Answers”