WebLobby "Access Denied" error- privileges setting

Please post general questions about WebLobby here
ghadlock

WebLobby "Access Denied" error- privileges settings?

Postby ghadlock » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:05 am

Hello all-

I just installed WebLobby, and I'm running the ML client with WebLobby on the same machine as MLServer (Win2003 Server). If I log in directly to the server (as Administrator) and run the client, WebLobby works just fine. If I log in via RDP (as a regular Remote Desktop user) I get an "Access Denied" error when I launch WebLobby, followed by a host of other errors. The userID I'm using (ViewSonic) has write privileges to the Cinemar (client) folder, and the Viewsonic (user) folder on the server, and while I'm sure this is a user privilege / security issue I'm not even sure where to begin.

If I login in via RDP as Administrator WebLobby also works fine. Any ideas on what security / privileges settings I need to change to use WebLobby via RDP as a regular user? Thanks!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:36 am

RDP into the server and log in as the Viewsonic user. Launch Internet Explorer. Does it launch properly? No errors? Did it initialize properly?

Run WebLobby again. Same errors?

ghadlock

Postby ghadlock » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:45 am

Thanks, Dave. I did try your suggestion- if I RDP into the server directly I can run Internet Explorer without problem, but the same errors still appear in MainLobby afterwards when I run WebLobby (I did make sure that I logged off and logged back in) I tried adding the ViewSonic user to the Administrator group and that actually fixed the problem (adding ViewSonic to the users group did not fix it) but I'd rather not leave it that way long term. I'm sure there is a file or folder for which I need to change privileges, just don't know which ones....

Thanks again-

Return to “WebLobby Questions & Answers”