WebLobby 3.50 released

Please post general questions about WebLobby here
DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

WebLobby 3.50 released

Postby DavidL » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:12 am

WebLobby plugin 3.5.0 released to support WebLobby 3.50

WebLobby now requires MainLobby Client v 3.00.105 or newer.

WebLobby can be downloaded via MLServer3 / Help / Additional Software downloads. Download WebLobby Full Installer towards the top of the list.

WebLobby now supports multiple sizeable browser windows that can be used on your scenes. This is especially helpful if you use a camera that supports web view. You can have multiple camera views on one scene now.

Features
• Ability to display Multiple WebLobby Windows on a single Scene
• No more Weblobby.swf and WebLobby.ini files for configuration - new WebLobby Library Object
• Configure your WebLobby window url, size and objectID right within the label field of the MLWebWindow object
• Draggable and Resiable WebLobby Window
• Improved CPU Usage in all modes
• New Documentation
• New Sample Scenes: 0019_internet.mls, 0019_nav_internet.mls
• New MLWebLobby Registration that supports Demo Mode

WebLobby can also be used on Vista:

If you are running Vista along with WebLobby, you'll need to do the following in order to run WebLobby:

1) Right Click on the MainLobby icon on the desktop

2) Select Properties

3) Select the Compatibility Tab

4) Check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"

5) Select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" in the drop down.

6) Then hit Apply.

There is now a MLWebLobby plugin that requires software license and activation. If you are a previous WebLobby customer, send an email to info(at)cinemaronline.com for a license key.

Wysocki
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: WebLobby 3.50 released

Postby Wysocki » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:17 pm

smoothtlk wrote:WebLobby plugin 3.5.0 released to support WebLobby 3.50

Huh? How can I tell what Weblobby version I have?

Just downloaded the new WL to see the improvements on the old one but I did have a problem installing it on my client. When the install comes up to the screen that asks for the installation folder, it's pre-filled with C:\Program Files\Cinemar. I don't know why it picks this when the program can easily see it doesn't exist and there's an existing Mainlobby folder that already has old weblobby files in it. :x
I roll my eyes and then browse to select my Mainlobby folder, the prompt changes to C:\Program Files\Mainlobby\Cinemar. :evil:
Why does it INSIST on putting that Cinemar thing in the path?
Evidently, it's important, because when I delete the \Cinemar part and click next, the dialog just vanishes. :twisted:
I don't think it's installed, how can I tell?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:35 pm

It picks it because it is strongly recommended to install to default directories. You should however be able to modify the path.

What I personally recommend is to install to a non production directory, see what's new and manually move over the new stuff to your production directory (the Program files\Cinemar one). That we you can test (always highly recommended) without messing with your daily use stuff (good WAF) and you can learn specifically what changed so you have more expertise over the application. You then first hand know what changed. That is invaluable to debugging and leveraging the software to your needs.

You should also not be using hard coded paths ie: c:\program files\mainlobby\somefile.mls You should be using Content Folder structure with relative paths ie: somefile.mls. If you did that, then you can just change the MainLobby name to Cinemar and not worry about this anymore as that is what We assume you are installing to.

Wysocki
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Wysocki » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:47 pm

I'm what's called an "early adopter" of ML, and back in the beginning, the default WAS C:\Program Files\Mainlobby. In Fact, the install for ML3 still DOES use that folder as its default! Weblobby is not in sync with the main system convention.

[RANT] I personally hate the convention of putting a company name in the path of apps. When I look for something in explorer or my start menu, I really don't know nor care about the name of the company that wrote the app. I just know the appname.[/ENDRANT]

I'm also afraid of just moving files to another folder nor changing a folder's name after installation. Because of possible registry and setup/ini file issues, an app many times expects that it will run it the folder to which it was installed. If ML is different, that's great, but not conventional in the MS post-DOS world.

Back to the original main issue of my post: Is the MUL update installed, how can I tell, and if it isn't what's wrong?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:54 pm

Wysocki, the default is Cinemar for MLClient and MLServer for MLServer.
It is different on yours, because you changed it.

If you installed to a virgin PC without changing anything (recommended) those are the directories. The MainLobby client installer sniffs for the directory previously installed and does subsequent to that directory.

With that said,

You would have to do a file compare to ensure all of the files are there.

Just install to Cinemar_Test and you will see the files it installs. then, move them over to MainLobby directory.

Return to “WebLobby Questions & Answers”