BUG: Using Variables as button text and cyclestates

Report any bugs here that you may have found in MainLobby
Jim HTPC

BUG: Using Variables as button text and cyclestates

Postby Jim HTPC » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:56 pm

My button label is defined as:

Code: Select all

{{button_id1}} {{touchpanel_zones_data}}

where button_id1 = text of the button, and touchpanel_zones_data is needed for the button on/off state.

The problem is when the scene is first started it pulls the button_id1 text properly. But if I change the button_id1 variable, it is not reflected in the button. It remains static. Meaning if button_id1 = Home Theater then I change button_id1 = Master Bedroom, it remains -> Home Theater and does not change to Master Bedroom.

If I remove the {{touchpanel_zones_data}} then the button text will now be dymanic. Meaning if button_id1 = Home Theater then I change button_id1 = Master Bedroom, it will change the button to say: Master Bedroom, but now I've lost the button on/off state functionality.

Can we fix this please?

Thanks.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:01 am

Jim,

This is not a bug but just the way the system was designed. You're trying to do two things with one button.

The buttons label (when a variable) and on/off state are one in the same.

A simple work-around is to use the text.singleline2 for a label and place it on top of your button. Then remove the click capability. Then use your second variable for the button itself and leave off a label.

Voila.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Jim HTPC

Postby Jim HTPC » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:16 pm

Ugh... :)

I'll do it your way.... Thanks for confirming on the status and pointing out a solution.

Thanks.

Return to “MainLobby Public Bug Report”