Problems with the Save button and subfolders

Report any bugs here that you may have found in MainLobby
lathanm
Intermediate
Intermediate

Problems with the Save button and subfolders

Postby lathanm » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:09 pm

I have noticed an odd problem recently, the save function isn't working correctly. From time to time when I hit save the file doesn't save. Unfortunately there is no notification that the file didn't save so I don't normally find out it had a problem until I have lost all my changes. I have narrowed the problem down and it seems to only happen when I try to save to folders other than the default Cinemar folder.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:27 pm

lathanm
More likely the file is getting saved somewhere else like the Cinemar directory. It will save on the last active directory, which usually is the one that you loaded the file from. Try to keep track when it does it as there is the possibility that there is still a bug there somewhere.

dannay

Postby dannay » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:24 pm

I am also experiencing symtoms similar to lathanm. I am making a set of scenes in their own subdirectory. If I open a scene, edit it, and then save it using the save button, it appears to go to the Cinemar directory. At first, I thought it wasn't saving at all, but I found the misplaced files. If I use "Save As" it saves the file to the correct location.

Is there some sort of bug that causes the scenes to be saved to the Cinemar directory instead of where they were opened from?

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:36 pm

We're working on an update that should put this one to rest for once and for all.

In addition, we're trying to implement a Content folder idea. This would allow the user to specify where their content/scenes are stored.

So they may have one set of scenes designed for an 800x480 screen and another set (with the same names) stored in a 1024x768 folder.

The user can then use the same naming convention for both sets and just modify where the Content folder resides. This is important in cases where I have universal commands for things like CallerID and changing scenes on all clients. This will also be helpful for our dealer network to create separate folders for each customer.

With that in place, we'll also start using relative paths whenever possible. So when you browse for a scene, it will display a relative path instead of an absolute path. Why is this important? This makes sharing scenes extremely easy for everyone. A few kinks left to work out, but these are some major advances that I think everyone will love.

The other neat thing is users could store/load/save their files on a network shared drive much easier now.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Return to “MainLobby Public Bug Report”