BUG: Connection information incorrect when clients are off

Report any bugs here that you may have found in MainLobby
Jim HTPC

BUG: Connection information incorrect when clients are off

Postby Jim HTPC » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:02 am

*NOTE: Keep in mind this is from a MASTER CONTROL touchpanel point of operation. In the house there is only one control device. This control device controls everything; in every room.

When turning on just the MLServer program, there doesn't appear to be a redundant check as to whether the clients are even powered (electrically) on or not. It appears it assumes you shut down everything correctly (which in the real world is seldom to never).

Example:

In my server list: These variables still hold info that should be blank. The scene (.mls) information is useless to hold because if you open the client it starts at the beginning (that I am aware of).

Code: Select all

<<client>>_connectionstate=1
<<client>>_connectionstatus=Online
<<client>>_currentoverlay=C:\Program Files\Cinemar\0019_nav_media.movies.mls
<<client>>_currentscene=0019_media.movies.mls
<<client>>_header=Media Management

One good reason to ping the clients (fail after 10 tries) therefore you are lost or off (thru the server) is this:

Using TTek Plugin and the remote.tt.mls file:

The play button on my nav just does the ~PLAY command. Not ~Play<<FILE>>. That would defeat the purpose of PLAY/PAUSE/STOP during a movie; if you used ~PLAY<<FILE>> the movie would always start at the beginning. The power icon(button) is ok, but it's only to minimize. If you set to ~PowerOn it just turns on TTek on the client (if the client was physically turned on). If you hit play it doesn't play (client ttek doesn't know which IFO to play since the client was electrically powered off). Because of this; holding onto the old information is useless since you could not restart at the old chapter/timeline.

The bottom line: it appears you can not restart a movie at the point you left off (when the client was off then turned on). When I powered on TTek (with the icon/button). Then clicked Play, nothing happend. I had to go back to the MOVIE list and start it from there to ulitize the play file command.

If I am incorrect, please show me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Jim HTPC

Postby Jim HTPC » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:52 pm

I found a decent work around.

You have to use MLStartup plugin to monitor the status of TTek Power status. Then remove them with conditionals.

Return to “MainLobby Public Bug Report”