FLash9 Problems

Report any bugs here that you may have found in MainLobby
lyfelyte

FLash9 Problems

Postby lyfelyte » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:54 am

Does anyone have any problems with Flash 9? Mainlobby 3 can be running and all of a sudden I get an error in French that says there is an access violation at address 30088AOE and has something to do with le module Flash9.OCX. The address value changes for each error. Sometimes I get 10 error windows opening at the same time. I never had this problem with Mainlobby2. The server does not have to be on for this problem to occur. I have unistalled and re-installed Flash 9, Mainlobby3, Mainlobby server and still get the same problem.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:53 am

did u upgrade all of your MainLobby librarys? From registered user's download.

That message can also be caused from something locking up in MainLobby (like incompatible swf).

I would also do the Flash uninstall / reinstall that is covered in the ML3 install directions.

Not sure if any of the above will fix as it can be a number of reasons

strange_brew

Postby strange_brew » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:20 pm

I am having the same problem using the Trial version. From the main page if I go to "Media" "Source 4" then click "Remote" it chokes every time with the French error message (happens on a bunch of other buttons too but that the one I remember). I tried to uninstall and reinstall Flash, tried uninstalling and reinstalling Cinemar with no luck. Ideas?

I must say this has been a frustrating experience thus far. I hope it gets better.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:28 pm

follow the flash uninstall / reinstall from here:
www.cinemaronline.com/support.html
under the MainLobby User's Guide.

If that is done, then the issue is not Flash.

More likely something wrong in your mls or that you are using wrong libraries.
The Remote scene uses the libary0019 capture card player. I would rename the Remote scene and create a New scene and name it the same as the Remote scene. Then try to isolate the issue. If that works, I would put the library0019_0015 object on the New scene and again save it as 0019_media.movies.remote.mls and try to open that. If it fails, then it's something with the 0015 flash object and probably your Flash security settings for caputre cards. Try to get this far and post back.
Last edited by DavidL on Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strange_brew

Postby strange_brew » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:36 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

I followed the uninstall / install directions exactly - twice.

I am just using the Trial versions of server and lobby. I haven't touched them. How could I be using the wrong libraries? They are what was included in the trial.

strange_brew

Postby strange_brew » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:30 pm

ok, I created a new scene, renamed it "media.movies.remote" and put the library0019_0015 object on the scene, saved it and navigated to it. Works fine. Any other ideas? Or should I just disregard these errors (I get the exact same problem when from "Media / Source 3")

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:55 pm

I would probably tell you to disregard as there may have been an issue with the beta scene that was included. When you have a properly built scene, you won't have that problem. I am hoping that whatever is wrong with that scene is limited to the trial version. Many are on the released version and we haven't had this type of a problem. Thanx for letting us know though.

Welcome to the Cinemar forum , BTW!

strange_brew

Postby strange_brew » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:18 pm

Thanks! I have a lot to learn but I'm excited by the possibilities!

Return to “MainLobby Public Bug Report”