WeatherLobby Bug?

Report any bugs here that you may have found in MainLobby
MikeKade

WeatherLobby Bug?

Postby MikeKade » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:56 pm

My computer died and I just reinstalled licensed version of MainLobby Server (and all plugins) to a new machine. When I went to license WeatherLobby, I got errors in the event log. It is reporting subscript out of range. The version is 3.0.93. I cannot do any functions from the WeatherLobby plugin without getting some type of error in the error log.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:08 pm

Did you reactivate the licenses to the new machine?

http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/wiki ... e_Recovery

MikeKade

WeatherLobby Bug?

Postby MikeKade » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:18 pm

Thanks, but I installed the software from scratch. I didn't copy it from the other machine. The default WeatherLobby install from the executables on the Cinemar Server installs incorrectly. I took a completely new machine and did a new software install. When you go to Plugin's in order to register the licenses, the WeatherLobby plugin gets errors (as reported in the event log).

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:46 pm

What operating system? If Vista, then you will have to wait for a new version of WeatherLobby.

Post what the error messages are and the versions you are installing. Specifically the version numbers, not "latest one" since there are different "latest" depending on Alpha / Beta/ prod etc.

MikeKade

WeatherLobby Bug?

Postby MikeKade » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:31 pm

Thanks for looking at this... I downloaded from http://www.cinemaronline.com/login.html all of the software that I purchased. I did this yesterday, so I assume (maybe wrongly) that the software on the website is the latest.

I, then, installed all the software from scratch on a brand new system running Windows XP Professional. MLServer and all of the plugin's installed fine, with the exception of WeatherLobby. It completed the installation, but when I went to the plugin screen to license it, I got the following error messages (please see attachment). Note that the plugin screen doesn't report the version correctly and that doing a right click on the mlweatherlobby plugin and clicking "About Plug-in" gave the error messages that you see in the error log in the back of the attachment.

Now, it should be noted that I downloaded the latest version of the plugin by right clicking on the mlweatherlobby and clicked "download new version". This gave me version 3.0.93. I loaded this and everything started to work.

At this point, you might say that everything is fine, so no problem. I only bring up the problem since it happens each and every time that you install the complete WeatherLobby from scratch. Naturally, it won't happen to me again since it is installed and working. However, it might occur to someone else and I just wanted to report it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MainLobby Public Bug Report”